Forum Discussion: http://avic411.com/i...e-avaible-v250/
Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:
We would like to inform you of the availability of a free firmware update (version 2.50 released in April 2012) for the Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA01 in-dash multimedia system. This firmware update applies only to AppRadio SPH-DA01 units sold in the United States and Canada. This firmware update (version 2.50) contains improvements for Bluetooth functions and minor bug fixes.
This notice explains how to obtain the free firmware update for the AppRadio SPH-DA01.Even if you are not currently experiencing any issues with your AppRadio in-dash multimedia system, we still recommend that you install the free firmware update. Installation of the updates should take less than ten minutes to complete.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE
1. Download the INSTRUCTIONS for the AppRadio Firmware Update v2.50.
2. There are two separate files for this update. You must first complete the BOOT FILE update followed by the FIRMWARE UPDATE. Download the files, decompress, and transfer the files to two microSD cards for insertion into the AppRadio.
You can also choose to order microSD cards containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then transferring to the Parts Order Department or arrange for your AppRadio SPH-DA01 in-dash multimedia system to be shipped to Pioneer for installation of the update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 800-421-1404 and then transferring to the Warranty & Service Department.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED
1. From the AppRadio main screen, press the settings icon in the upper left hand corner, and select the General settings icon.
2. Press the Radio icon at the bottom of the General settings screen.
3. If the Software Version shows V2.50, as shown below, the update has already been installed.
4. If the Radio settings screen shows a Software Version of V2.45 or lower, then the V2.50 update is required.
If you have any questions, please contact the Pioneer Customer Service Center toll free at 1-800-421-1404. Pioneer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), except on Holidays.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.