AVIC411.com

stolen D3; replaced w/Z2 now that's been stolen w/in 4weeks

This sucks, I put a D3 in my wife's Tahoe for her birthday as a surprise gift. We went to a kids birthday party at John's Incredible Pizza in Roseville, CA. While we were in the joint, some punks jammed a screwdriver between the rear door glass and the door frame. They pried on the glass 'till it broke. Then they crawled in the car and stole the D3 and the head rest monitors in October. After a $7000+ insurance bill, I added a few more dollars and had my shop upgrade to the Avic Z2. Beautiful piece of equipment! My wife parked her car in her work lot which is at a very busy strip mall, Birdcage in Citrus Heights. She parks 4 spots off the main lane in front of the shops. Comes out to go home and the Z2 got jack the exact same method a the first time!! So pissed! Fortunately, they didn't trash the dash like they did last time so the insurance bill wasn't so high.

You know cops don't do much but take numbers in case they stumble upon it. There is obviously a good sized ring in this area. I would love some input on ideas on how to find the products stolen.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to here your story and sorry to say there's almost no way of catching the thieves or finding your equipment.

If I were you I would check your so called friends because it sounds like it's someone who knows what you have and where you go ! By your own admission the second break-in was almost identical to the first.

GOOD-LUCK !! I hope you do find your equipment.

I have thought about the installers as part of the prob. But there is no way that they could have known where to find the car the first time around. Very unlikely that they would follow us from home.

There is an alarm and I know that the alarm is 80% install and 20% product. After the first time I upgraded the Clifford alarm and added a tilt sensor. Thought I was good, dumb mistake on my part. After the second time my wife had enough and wanted not to go through this again and I re-installed the factory radio. While doing this I found that the alarm install was not all that great. I decided to test it and it failed miserably. I could break the window, climb into the car, remove the bezel and pull out radio all before the alarm goes off.

Insurance, this part is difficult for us because both my wife and I are insurance agents. And she actively works with our current insurer. How great does that look?!

• 3 weeks later...

They recently busted two audio shops here, and two thieves that were friends of best buy employees. (they, being the cops). The audio shops were just basically taking customers info, and then watching them, and stealing their shit. Customers with alarms, the alarms were disabled, or the horn disconnected before they left the shops.

Pretty shady, but in your case, I'd think about going somewhere like circuit city, where thats ALOT less likely to happen. Also, at circuit city, you can give them a bogus address, etc, just to be safe.

YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCD IN THE HEAD IF YOU THINK INSTALLERS ARE TAKING YOUR EQUIPMENT. now past installers that have now become full time crack heads, they may be your culprit! ive had a person reach in my window while im eating brekfast in my truck and grab my collar and try to pull me out the window all while shouting that after he came up to my shop yesterday i followed him to work and stole his 6 year old pioneer screen. i laughed as hard as i could at him and told him i have no use for a cheap old piece of shi tv (that always makes people feel dumb, when u explain how NOT ballin they are)

car theifs are a sick breed, they steall your hard earned equipment and cut your wires then they either sell it for 50 bucks (for crack) or they put it on ebay never to be seen again.

but then again its easy to enter any car ever created all you need to do is break a window, if you dont want to make noise then u pop off the door handle and simply pull the rods that controll the locks. ooops this person has an alarm, hmmmm simply look under the dash for the only wires running out under the hood and snip snip. no more siren wire. on most cars that have factory alarms the horn is installed in a place that u can easily get to the wires for again, snip snip. voila im now in ur car. ur ipod, ur cds, ur purse, ur personal info thats in ur glove box, ur gucci shades hidden in ur console, ur pistol under ur seat, and of course all the stereo equipment u ever bought is now under my control mmmwwuhahahahahahaha- its all mine!!!!

the best security system for a car is a full coverage insurance plan.

My truck was broken into in my drive way. They simply broke the window, hit the unlock button and made off with my AVIC-N1 tuner. They didn't steal the brain or any other equipment in the vehicle. They also didn't get the face plate. I still have that as a reminder of my long lost N1. I am now thinking that the guy who installed the dudes system in California has found my house in Texas and ripped me off too. :shock: The same guys hit 5 of my neighbors the same night. It's amazing that none of us had an alarm system in our vehicles.

I had no alarm at the time but have a Cliffard now with glass break and shock sensors...turned up to maximum sensitivity. Maybe the next time I can shoot the sum bitches from my bedroom window.

pleeeeeeese stop with the installer shi!!! you fukin incriminating ass dummies. u got ur shi jacked!!!! thats it theres no huge conspiracy, you and all ur neighbors got jacked on a one night crime spree and you even said how the only thing that got tooken was ur tuner and no faceplate! doesnt sound like an installer to me! if i jacked ur shit i would plug the factory radio back in fer ya!!! lol

pleeeeeeese stop with the installer shi!!! you fukin incriminating ass dummies. u got ur shi jacked!!!! thats it theres no huge conspiracy, you and all ur neighbors got jacked on a one night crime spree and you even said how the only thing that got tooken was ur tuner and no faceplate! doesnt sound like an installer to me! if i jacked ur shit i would plug the factory radio back in fer ya!!! lol

Take the stick out, dill weed. My comment was a joke. Your a stereo installer...great...an honest one...great again. Now lighten up a bit. :wink:

In this situation, its obviously not random.

They broke into the guys car the same time, both instances, within days of having his shit installed.

The most likely culprit is the intallation shop.

What, are installers rich? I think not. In fact, the majority of them are low paid (less than 15 an hour), and would be the type to steal.

The installers on this board, probably dont fit that description, but unfortunately, a lot of them do.

So lighten up.