AVIC411.com

stolen D3; replaced w/Z2 now that's been stolen w/in 4weeks

Craziness. First, please don't ever use security screws like the one shown above as it will cost you money and or time and frustration. Remember, stereos need to be removed for service or upgrades from time to time.

Also, alarms do work most of the time. So some guy wants to steal your stereo and breaks the window and the alarms starts to go off. What's he gonna do? Wait for the cops to show up? Maybe have a donut?! If he really wants it, yes, he may go ahead and enter the vehicle while everyone around finally starts to look to see where the noise is coming from. If your alarm doesn't false all the time it will be something out of the ordinary and people will do something. Tips:

-Get a glass break sensor - thieves can use tiny busted up pieces of porcelain thrown at a window to shatter it w/out making a heavy impact or a loud BANG noise, but the sound of breaking glass will trigger a glass break sensor. Remember, thieves don't need to open a door if they can crawl in through an open window.

-Get your windows tinted as dark as legally possible. Makes it harder to see inside and takes more time to get a busted window out of the way and less glass to clean up.

-If your alarm goes off, run outside real quick. If it's night time, turn on outside lights. Most thieves will run away at this point.

-A tilt sensor will go off if someone tries to tow your car or jack it up to steal the wheels but won't protect what's inside.

-Paging alarms are great but lets you know somethings happening to your car while your far away.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Craziness. First, please don't ever use security screws like the one shown above as it will cost you money and or time and frustration. Remember, stereos need to be removed for service or upgrades from time to time.

Also, alarms do work most of the time. So some guy wants to steal your stereo and breaks the window and the alarms starts to go off. What's he gonna do? Wait for the cops to show up? Maybe have a donut?! If he really wants it, yes, he may go ahead and enter the vehicle while everyone around finally starts to look to see where the noise is coming from. If your alarm doesn't false all the time it will be something out of the ordinary and people will do something. Tips:

-Get a glass break sensor - thieves can use tiny busted up pieces of porcelain thrown at a window to shatter it w/out making a heavy impact or a loud BANG noise, but the sound of breaking glass will trigger a glass break sensor. Remember, thieves don't need to open a door if they can crawl in through an open window.

-Get your windows tinted as dark as legally possible. Makes it harder to see inside and takes more time to get a busted window out of the way and less glass to clean up.

-If your alarm goes off, run outside real quick. If it's night time, turn on outside lights. Most thieves will run away at this point.

-A tilt sensor will go off if someone tries to tow your car or jack it up to steal the wheels but won't protect what's inside.

-Paging alarms are great but lets you know somethings happening to your car while your far away.

I can rip my avic f700 out of my dash in 45 seconds flat. Even with a blaring alarm, it won't matter. I'm sure a thief who's not being careful about the dash can do it in under 30 seconds and they're off.

• 1 year later...

Damn Im glad i dont live near you guys. I have 10-12K in accessories in my truck. I can park my truck anywhere in my city and Im good. I sometimes leave my truck unlocked at night. Sounds like Mexicans are your culprit..

Is there pictures of your set-up? It sounds awesome!