AVIC411.com

Avic-N4 question

I had my N4 installed month ago. Everything was perfect until yesterday when they connected Pioneer CD Changer to it which was already installed before but wasn't connected. Now everytime I press any button on Screen or Remote to change Volume, Radio station, Source etc. I get STATIC BUZZING NOISE FROM THE SPEAKERS while Avic executes the change. What is wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Actually ... i went back to the place that installed my N4 and they checked the ground and everything was o.k. To be sure I also Unhooked CD CHANGER and radio is actually doing same thing Static Sound. It didn't do nothing like that before I hooked up Cd Changer ... but now even when I disconnect Cd Changer it has a Static Sound problem. Any other ideas? The only time it doesn't happen if I change Volume with a Radio Button ... all other functions doesn't matter what I do have problem. Even when I have NAV on and it gives me next turn (when it talks) while Muting Radio or Cd it gives me Static Sound while Avic-n4 is saying directions.

You are going to the wrong place. Only two things on a car make noise when hooked up:

A) ignition noise, to take care of that go to radio shack or best buy and they will sale you what you need. Which you do not in this case.

B) bad ground. If all was well before the install, all they did to install the cd is run a (-) and a (+) switched, along with the ip cable. Now the IP cable...not going to make static noise. The (+) would blow a fuse when not installed properly. The (-) will give you static when not ground properly. Take a wire, put it on the (-) of your battery. Then run it temp to where they connected the ground for the cd changer. I would almost bet you that it will go away. If that is your case, I would find a better ground wire. I think in the install they messed up the ground wire or disconnected it from the source when installed.

Rob

You are going to the wrong place. Only two things on a car make noise when hooked up:

A) ignition noise, to take care of that go to radio shack or best buy and they will sale you what you need. Which you do not in this case.

B) bad ground. If all was well before the install, all they did to install the cd is run a (-) and a (+) switched, along with the ip cable. Now the IP cable...not going to make static noise. The (+) would blow a fuse when not installed properly. The (-) will give you static when not ground properly. Take a wire, put it on the (-) of your battery. Then run it temp to where they connected the ground for the cd changer. I would almost bet you that it will go away. If that is your case, I would find a better ground wire. I think in the install they messed up the ground wire or disconnected it from the source when installed.

Rob

I will check this over the weekend, but it still bothers me why Radio still has Static Sound when I completly unhooked Ground for Cd Changer? Anyway I will let you know how it went.