AVIC411.com

Uploading Custom Backgrounds to AVIC-D3

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried nearly 10 times now, and CANNOT get my d3 to read the disc... well, correction, it will read it, but it CONTINUES to tell me... "There is no /PICTURES/ folder, please create one and put jpegs into it"

I have this problem too. I used a DVD-R. Anyone got a DVD disc to work?

NEWS FLASH!!! It seems that if you have a used D3, it is very important to reset the factory settings for this mod to work. I had the same problem trying to do the video hack mod. If you keep getting the "no pictures file" message, reset the factory settings, then it should read the cd fine. Thank God I was only wasting CD-Rs and not DVDs trying to get this to work.

• 3 weeks later...
I've tried nearly 10 times now, and CANNOT get my d3 to read the disc... well, correction, it will read it, but it CONTINUES to tell me... "There is no /PICTURES/ folder, please create one and put jpegs into it"

I have this problem too. I used a DVD-R. Anyone got a DVD disc to work?

Make sure (if it's a cd/r) you have at least 1.8mb of info on the disc (even if it is other stuff than the pics you want) or the D3 will not read it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I recently tried multiple times via Windows (both Vista and XP) and couldn't get it to read...but I did before as my original backgrounds CD was created before I got any special software on the PC. It may not have been attributed to the fact that I was selecting "Read from Disc" from the Settings menu as opposed to "Change Background" or whatever it says.

I just tried w/Nero (in Vista) and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the advice. It's nice to finally have new backgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a photoshop guy I think you guys should probably keep in mind that when you resize your pics to 500 x 240 you should also pay attention to the dpi. it should be 72 dpi. Some cameras shoot pics at 240 or 300 and the file is way too large to work. Just my 2 cents worth. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
now, when i try it again..it says there is no /PICTURES/ folder...

I tried to other options people were suggesting (like putting more than 1.2 MB on CD, and making sure pics were the right size.)

When you are in Nero & click on Data Disc, right click in the list & click on "Create Folder", and name the folder PICTURES, just did it & it worked. Unfortunately I went through 3 CD-R's and even tried a DVD-R, but ended up working w/ a CD-r. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For step 10 when it says click on the "PICTURES" folder once and then push the "Open" button at the bottom right. I don't know if I am just stupid, but I don't see the push the open button at the bottom right and also for the destination drive nothing drops down and keeps saying no destination drive available so it won't let me burn anything. I have already tried 10 times and can't get this d*** thing to work. I am already getting pissed off. Sorry had to let my emotions out. If anybody can help me let me know. I already used up two cd-r and what a waste I tell ya