AVIC411.com

Uploading Custom Backgrounds to AVIC-D3

^^^ It's keeping the aspect ratio so your pictures don't look stretched. The D3 is widescreen and your pictures are all standard 4:3 format. You need to crop some off the top and bottom.

I'm having mixed results. The pre-sized pics I get off here all work great. But the others, I use Irfanview to shrink them to 500x240 or whatever it is.... and the D3 just makes them real small centered on the display. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured out what the problem was. The picture must be EXACTLY 500x240. Not a single pixel bigger. I was trimming and cropping the hell out of some pictures....and well.... and figured 500x243 would be close enough. Figured it would just cut some of it off or something....nope. It automatically shrinks them down to fit everything on the screen, but it shrinks way to much to be acceptable. So for anyone having this problem, ensure that your pictures are EXACT!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many pictures can you hold on the D3? Also can you have them in a slide show or change every time?

Another question as well. It appears that my D3 has white lines that go through the screen when I would think it would be just black. Any idea why that might be? Is it just how the default is? It appears that the rest of the display looks fine (movies, map, ect.)

Thanks,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

for the folks that still cant get the pictures loaded,

make sure you dont get excited once you pop in the cd and mix up the last few steps.

step 17 is IMPORTANT (do not go to import data directly)

make sure to go to first BACKGROUND PICTURE SETTING and so on

17.)Then touch "Background Picture Setting"

18.)Touch(Splash Screen,Navigation Background,AV background)

19.)Click "import from CD"

20.)Locate file and then touch "Center"

21.Touch "done" and you are finished!!!!!

cheers

• 2 weeks later...