AVIC411.com

Uploading Custom Backgrounds to AVIC-D3

Ok I am having a problem with this. The pictures that I get from here show fine and work fine. The pictures that Imade with Photoshop are not apeearing in the list of pictures once I putthe cd in the d3 and Of course are not working because I can not see them. The pics are named with only letters the size is under 20KB and the file is a non progressive. The size is 500 X 240.

Thank you in advanced for your help

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to report that I got it to work. The reason why I was not seeing the files was because I was burning the cd the wrong way. I used Roxio that has a function to drag and burn. If you use that feature you are not able to see the files you have to create a data cd and then it will work just fine.

CC

i ran into a few problems while doing this... i found out that the vertical and horizontal resolution dpi has to be somewhat low. i put 3 jps on a CD and only 2 of them worked. i kept getting disk error on the 3rd one. the dpi on the 3rd one was around 400. as soon as i lowered the dpi in photoshop the 3rd one worked perfect :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i ran into a few problems while doing this... i found out that the vertical and horizontal resolution dpi has to be somewhat low. i put 3 jps on a CD and only 2 of them worked. i kept getting disk error on the 3rd one. the dpi on the 3rd one was around 400. as soon as i lowered the dpi in photoshop the 3rd one worked perfect :D

For print dpi is usually 300; for video its 72... You don't need to go above that.

p

this is a question i really wish i didn't have to ask.... when burning the data c.d. do you burn the PICTURES folder or the contents of the PICTURES folder? What i am asking is does the d3 read a nested folder which would what it would be if i burned the WHOLE folder instead of the contents of the folder.... god, this is embarrassing. thanks to whoever answers this for me.

love,

pandas

I work for best buy. I bought a avh-p4000dvd double din for my 2003 gti. i installed it bypassed it great. but now im tired of the stock backgrounds how do i load custom ones. i want to get a famous stars and straps one and hostility. can anyone tell me what to do. for my in dash. oh and i have nero express 6. and jvc cd-r cds. so i have everything i just need the guidance. Please and thank you

• 1 month later...

My Acura Background screen does not boot up anymore like it used to. When i turn the car on all it says is starting pioneer navigation...and the screen goes blank for two seconds then the radio comes on. i uploaded all the pics from a DVD again and now it still doesnt work. Does anyone know why its doing this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...