AVIC411.com

Uploading Custom Backgrounds to AVIC-D3

1.)obtain up to 20 pictures(make sure they are ".jpg" format)

2.)Make a folder on your desktop and call it "PICTURES"

3.)Make sure all pics are 500x240(I used a free program called InfranView)

4.)Make sure all pics ONLY USE characters such as A-Z and/or 1-10

5.)Burn the Pictures folder to a CD-R using Nero or similar program.

6.)Once done insert the burned CD into D3

7.)Touch "settings" in NAVI Menu

8.)Then touch "System Options"

9.)Then touch "Background Picture Setting"

10.)Touch(Splash Screen,Navigation Background,AV background)

11.)Click "import from CD"

12.)Locate file and then touch "Center"

13.Touch "done" and you are finished!!!!!

No need for filling files or another folder called Dummy Text

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for these instructions!!!

I followed them TO THE LETTER and put 15 .JPG image files on a CD-R, totalling 1.94MB.

Of the 15 files on the disk, the D3 would only read 3 of them. Selecting any of the other files, eventhough the file names showed up on the list on the D3, gave me "Read Error" and they would not load.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

BQ

Thanks for these instructions!!!

I followed them TO THE LETTER and put 15 .JPG image files on a CD-R, totalling 1.94MB.

Of the 15 files on the disk, the D3 would only read 3 of them. Selecting any of the other files, eventhough the file names showed up on the list on the D3, gave me "Read Error" and they would not load.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

BQ

As long as you followed the step exactly it should work. I just made another CD today and all the pics worked.

Only ides is you did not follow #4 all the way. All the pics have to be named with letters and numbers ONLY. No spaces,"#","-" ,<-anything of that sort. Make sure you follow this.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as you guys, some of my pictures worked and some don't.

The jpg's must be saved in a non-progressive format to work

Use the program called IrfanViw (http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192-10021962.html?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button) to do this. When you save a file in IrfanView, you must uncheck the box that says "save as progressive jpg". Your pictures should now work![/b]

Yessiree, it's just that easy. I burnt a disc with a folder titled PICTURES and dropped in a few 500x240 jpg pictures and it read them all. I didn't have to save them any special way at all. I just DL'ed them from the custom background thread and dropped them directly into the folder then burned the disc.

Went to the navi screen -> system Options -> background images and then selected them off of the disc i burned and it took them and saved them.

Works great.

I just cant f*******ing do this!!!!!!!!!! I have 20 pic, 500X240 the folder say its 10.15 GB.......sh..... isn't that to much? I've gotten as far that the D3 knows the pic's are there but it wont open them cause of an error! I love this unit and all but damn couldn't they make this a lot easier to do.

I just cant f*******ing do this!!!!!!!!!! I have 20 pic, 500X240 the folder say its 10.15 GB.......sh..... isn't that to much? I've gotten as far that the D3 knows the pic's are there but it wont open them cause of an error! I love this unit and all but damn couldn't they make this a lot easier to do.

I burnt 18 photos to a CDRW last night. They were all backgrounds that I got from this site. I forgot to put them in a folder called PICTURES the first time I tried and it didn't work. On my second try it worked perfectly. Don't give up. I have had my D3 in for all of 3 days. I still have some things to fix, but it will be worth it when I get the bugs worked out.