AVIC411.com

avic d3 navigation problems

i've had my avic d3 for a couple months now, when i first got it i used the navi quite a bit, but i got sick of my ipod and started burning more cd's thus using my navi dvd much less. Well after awhile of not using it, i popped the navi dvd back in and now it just runs like garbage. Meaning, the navi doesn't follow my route, instead it just sits in one spot and if it does move, it doesn't stay on the right street etc. This really pisses me off so i was wondering if there was any kind of upgrade dvd or anything that i could do to fix this. I've already reset it a couple times, would it make a difference to unhook the car battery for a couple minutes? either way i'd really like to upgrade the navi, perhaps so it picks up more roads and such, please help!!

• 2 weeks later...
i had the same problem with my n3. it was the gps sensor. try getting a new one if u can. try not to play too many copied cd's if u do, it burns out the eye that reads the cd faster than usual. good luck!

Are you for real? All I use if burned CDs and I've never had an issue of the eye burning out on any of my pioneer cd players. I've never heard of this before.