AVIC411.com

How Long Is the CDI200 Interface Cable?

My IPod cable runs from the back of my D3 and into the glove box on the passenger side of the car. It's all done with-in the dash, so you can't even see the connection. When I open the glove box I can pull the IPod out and there is enough cable there that I can sit in the drivers seat and control the IPod while it is still connected. However, most of the time, unless disconnecting it, it just sits in my glove box out of the way.

It's basically enough cable to be able to route it anywhere you need to within reach of someone sitting in either front seat, even back to say, a storage compartment in your center armrest or something. I'm sure you could reach the cable farther back, but what the hell would be the point of that, you know?

• 1 year later...
It's basically enough cable to be able to route it anywhere you need to within reach of someone sitting in either front seat, even back to say, a storage compartment in your center armrest or something. I'm sure you could reach the cable farther back, but what the hell would be the point of that, you know?

I was just about to post a thread on this issue....good thing I did a search. Cough.

Well actually, the 6.5' length is good in MOST cases. I am about to purchase one and I do not think it is long enough for what I desire to do...here is why:

1. I do not want the Ipod connector in my glove box, because in my Ford F150, which is as wide as a Sherman tank, it is very difficult to reach the glove box from the drivers seat. I have a divider console at the shifter area which makes it even more difficult. I know I only have to connect the ipod and then (as ronco 2000 says) "set it and forget it." But even then, it is slightly a pain to reach the glove box.

2. So I have determined that I want my Ipod connection to ossur overhead in the Ford Overhead Storage Rail system which is a fancy word for an overhead compartment in the center of the truck. It is for sunglasses, cell phones, etc.

3. But this means the cable has to run from the rear of the D3....to one side of the windshield....up the a-pillar...back to the center of the windshield then about 18" to the bin compartment. And of course I need about 6" of excess cable just to to make sure the iPod is sitting correctly inside the bin.

Which brings me to the next question: Is there an extension available for the Pioneer CD-i200 iPod® Interface Adapter? I was told my a Crutchfield adviser that Pioneer offered such a thing. i spent over 30 minutes on the Pioneer website and was unable to locate one.

Any advise, prior knowledge or other methods of accomplishing this is very welcome.

I am willing to do the typical glove box install, but I was hoping for an even more custom install.

Thanks,

Kevin

Which brings me to the next question: Is there an extension available for the Pioneer CD-i200 iPod® Interface Adapter? I was told my a Crutchfield adviser that Pioneer offered such a thing. i spent over 30 minutes on the Pioneer website and was unable to locate one.

I believe this will work. http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=8743

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is routed behidn the radio, around the manual tranny, practically into the backseat, where it goes up the back of the center console and in through the hollow hinge (genius idea on my part, if i might add, i didn't want to drill a hole in the center console)

And i still have about 2 feet of cable stashed in teh center console.

So mine goes into my backseat, then up the back of the center console, and inside it, with 2 feet to spare.

You should have enough cable to put it anywhere you want, barring the back glove box of a suburban.