AVIC411.com

installing Z2 in 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi mega Cab

I have hooked up the basic wiring from the pioneer nav unit to the factory plug via a harness I purchased which makes for easy splicing. The truck had two plugs in it a large one and a small one. The small one does not seem to be needed why?

I also hooked it all up and there is nothing happening. No power no nothing. I have not hooked up the speed sensor wire as of yet. Where does that go to? also the parking brake wire... where does it go?

I thought once all the power wires and speakers wires were plugged in to the unit via the main plug that it would work. at least show me power and I see nothing....

There is no accessory wire in the radio harness (red wire). Without power on that wire the avic will not turn on. You're best bet would be to get an interface for the truck and return that harness. The interface will give you all of the needed nav ouputs as well as an accesory lead. Will also turn on the factory amp if equipped. The smaller plug is for factory sirius, aux input so no it's not needed.

There is no accessory wire in the radio harness (red wire). Without power on that wire the avic will not turn on. You're best bet would be to get an interface for the truck and return that harness. The interface will give you all of the needed nav ouputs as well as an accesory lead. Will also turn on the factory amp if equipped. The smaller plug is for factory sirius, aux input so no it's not needed.

i bought the interface for the ram it is a metra number 70-6502

who makes the interface will need? part number? manufacture? what is different from what I have?

also, any idea on the vss wire or whatever it is?

What you bought is a wire harness, not an interface. the interface has a magic black box that intercepts signals from the vehicles computer and translates them to something that the aftermarket radio can understand

P/N is c2r-chy made by PAC. Google it.