AVIC411.com

How to install AUX wire?

Hello I am a newbie with cars.. I have a porsche and I had someone install the Avic N2 into it. How would I go about installing an AUX wire into the AUX input so that I can play a DELL DJ? Thank you very much!

And does the bypass trick work with the new DNPV-60 updated disk? Thanks!
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Yes, it does. And what kind of output does the Dell thing have? Headphone???

[quote name="gjin"]

And does the bypass trick work with the new DNPV-60 updated disk? Thanks![/quote][/quote]

Yes sir.. a head phone!
Kinda off topic, but keep in mind, if you have your laptop plugged into any sort of power inverter, I believe you will get a really annoying humming noise through your car speakers.

The only way around this is to purchase a "pure sine wave" inverter (the ones used frequently for medical equipment etc). As far as I know, most inverters that you purchase at places like best buy and walmart etc are "modified sine wave" inverters. The pure sine ones are quite expensive. You could probably find a 200watt one for around $200US.

If it is MP3s you are playing, you are probably better off getting an ipod or somthing instead =]
Easiest way is to buy a headphone to RCA cable from radio shack or somewhere similar. Run the red and white rca's into the A/V input on your hideaway box. Source your deck to off, bring up the touchscreen menu on your deck and turn on the A/V input and your all set

[quote name="gjin"]ok.. so how do I install my AUX wire? where do I put it? thanks[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Easiest way is to buy a headphone to RCA cable from radio shack or somewhere similar. Run the red and white rca's into the A/V input on your hideaway box. Source your deck to off, bring up the touchscreen menu on your deck and turn on the A/V input and your all set

[quote name="gjin"]ok.. so how do I install my AUX wire? where do I put it? thanks[/quote][/quote]

agreed. You can buy the little wires with 2 RCA plugs on one end and the stereo headphone plug on the other :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
[quote name="jimmy303"]You could also use the Peripheral PXA02, it will give you an iPod input, RCA jacks, and a 1/8" headphone jack for inputs(audio only). Plugs right into the IP-bus input.[/quote]

I have a multi-cd player hooked up to the N2 through the IP-BUS already. Is there anyway I can still use this method for an mp3 player? Thanks!
[quote name="jdunphy23"] [quote name="jimmy303"]You could also use the Peripheral PXA02, it will give you an iPod input, RCA jacks, and a 1/8" headphone jack for inputs(audio only). Plugs right into the IP-bus input.[/quote]

I have a multi-cd player hooked up to the N2 through the IP-BUS already. Is there anyway I can still use this method for an mp3 player? Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, you'll need a cd-rb20. That'll give you an aux input and allow you to keep the changer.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="jdunphy23"] [quote name="jimmy303"]You could also use the Peripheral PXA02, it will give you an iPod input, RCA jacks, and a 1/8" headphone jack for inputs(audio only). Plugs right into the IP-bus input.[/quote]

I have a multi-cd player hooked up to the N2 through the IP-BUS already. Is there anyway I can still use this method for an mp3 player? Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, you'll need a cd-rb20. That'll give you an aux input and allow you to keep the changer.[/quote]

Thanks bro! I def owe ya for the help.
  • 2 weeks later...
You don't even need that! All you need is the RCA to headphone jack cable. Then plug it into the AV inputs on the hideaway. You don't need to connect the video... Then, as stated above, go into the setup screen (push the right jog dial in) and go to the right button. Select AV input to Video. Then change your source to AV in. You will have audio in at that time....