AVIC411.com

Z2 tracks skip, song change randomly w/o touching anything

Hi,.

I installed an AVIC-Z2. I have a GM car with steering wheel controls. Therefore, I installed a PAC SWI-X and now switched for a PAC SWI-PS. However, I keep getting the same issue. When I'm in the library, the songs skip and the album folders change randomly. When I'm in the FM, the radio stations change randomly and when I put a CD the tracks skip too. I don't know what to think anymore. I update the software but the issue is still there. I'll try to remove my PAC SWI-PS next. Did anyone have the same problem? How did you fix it? Is the problem the unit, the PAC, the HDD or else. By the way, it's really cold in my area right now so it's definately not a heat issue unless having the heat on is.

Thanks a lot,

Jonas

You didn't say if you had a big system or not, but the only time I have run into an issue with those steering wheel control adaptors is when a bass note hits, the voltage drops and then comes back up, the swi thinks it needs to change folders or presets.

Does it do it when a bass note hits at high volume? Get a bigger alternator (your vehicle will thank you for it)

If it is an otherwise stock setup, try reprogamming.

If anything else, you may (again, may) want to let someone else look at it. Maybe a second set of eyes will catch what you are missing.

PAC says that the following are the best bets to get rid of issues.

Make sure your connection (green wire) is good. Solder is recommended.

Only program with a FULL battery.

Install a .47 microfarad cap from green wire to ground.

I have an issue where my heated seats are changing my source when it decides to.

I have not tried the fix yet. I am already soldered. My battery could have been low when I programmed it. I plan to do it running as was said above. And will install the cap while I do it.