AVIC411.com

Avic n1 disc update????????????

I am looking for some help with info on how to update my avic n1 discs to newer ones. How hard is it to do an update and what is required? Is it possible to download an update through a torrent and just burn a copy??

Any help is appreciated thank you

All you have to do is load a newer series of discs. The only issue is that if you upgrade from the 40 series software, the simple bypass of grounding the parking wire no longer works. If you want a newer version of the 40 series software, I may be able to help with that so let me know.

Do you guys think that this will end up working if all I want is an update for the maps and points of interest on the west coast?

Please read my previous post above regarding navigation disc updates.

Right but is that for the software disk or the map update disk? I was under the impression the 70MTP is just the maps and that there was another disk for the software. Am I wrong?

Yes, you're wrong. There is only one model of disks to update. The model is CNDV70MTP, and it comes with an east and a west

Oh man, alright, so if I install/update the disk that I got (which is just one west coast one), it'll update the software also, not just the maps???

Ya, but they are mostly just map upgrades, the menu will change a little, but there are no major changes in the software. Mostly just maps

Oh man, alright, so if I install/update the disk that I got (which is just one west coast one), it'll update the software also, not just the maps???

Ya, but they are mostly just map upgrades, the menu will change a little, but there are no major changes in the software. Mostly just maps

What about the software as far as disabling some of the functions? It's not an everyday driver so I never bothered to update the software/maps and currently just have the parking brake wire grounded.

You will have to do some soldering if you want to keep your bypass with any disks newer than the ones you have

What about the software as far as disabling some of the functions? It's not an everyday driver so I never bothered to update the software/maps and currently just have the parking brake wire grounded.

Alright, looks good so far. Just installed the cd and it setup just fine. It seems a little bit quicker on certain items, especially the menu items, right off of the bat. My only question right now is if I'm missing something.

On the older disk, to do an address search, I'd press Address Search, type the street number, then press OK, then type the street and/or city and press OK.

On this newer setup, I can only type the street number and press OK, and then the screen goes to the map. There's no place to enter a street name. Am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, looks good so far. Just installed the cd and it setup just fine. It seems a little bit quicker on certain items, especially the menu items, right off of the bat. My only question right now is if I'm missing something.

On the older disk, to do an address search, I'd press Address Search, type the street number, then press OK, then type the street and/or city and press OK.

On this newer setup, I can only type the street number and press OK, and then the screen goes to the map. There's no place to enter a street name. Am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, must have been a bad disk. Just to try for another $20, I purchased the same item on ebay from a different seller with better feedback. I inserted this disk (same one, burned, and everything) and it seemed to work fine.