AVIC411.com

'03 Dodge Ram 1500 Back up and VSS locatinon, the norm...

PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall.

On the 4.7L motor, the VSS is white/orange in conn. 1, pin 13. On the 5.7L motor, the VSS is dk. green/yellow in conn. 1, pin 13.

Reverse wire is Violet/ black cxan be found in harness running to the rear on driver side

Thanx,

(5.7L motor)

I took a look at the PCM connections and I think that I've located the VSS wire, but there are two modules mounted on the in the same area. Just for clarification the PCM has 4 small connectiors on it and the top one is conn. 1. I found the green/yellow wire on that connector and ohmed it out to a pin that did count out to be in the 13th slot but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanx again bnluigi. I'm going to hook it up today and see how it turns out, the system works well without the wires connected to it but the navigation is off from time to time, I sometimes have to modify the location and rotate the arrow so that it shows to be driving strait and not at an angle. I was hopint that by hooking up the VSS, it might help keep the arrow accurate. What do you think? :?:

• 2 years later...