AVIC411.com

Clifford Alarm Experts

Hey guys--I need some help. I have the Matrix 3.5 with or whatever its called in my car. For some reason, today the remote (the 2-way with the display) doesn't communicate with the brain anymore. This happened about a year ago, and I just followed the sequence in the manual and it worked again. Trouble is, today I did the same thing, and it still doesn't work. I am out of town, so I don't have the manual to see if its any help. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Am I doing the right programming?

Here is what I did--Opened the door, turn the key to on, pressed the valet switch, then released it, pressed and held the valet switch til it chirped, and then pressed the 'Lock' button on the remote. I thought that is all I had to do, but instead of chirping to confirm, the siren sounds real quick and my remote still doesn't work. Ideas?

on the top of the windshield probably is the antenna with the two metal rods on it, unplug the wires from the antenna and leve it unplugged for 5-10 minutes then plug it back in and. should start to work again. if not try re programming the remote after you try the first thing, turn on ignition, press and relase the valet button, then press again and hold, siren will chirp, then press and hold any button on the remote till the siren sounds, if this happens, remote is re programmed let go of all buttons and turn off ignition. if none of the works send remote back to DEI remote is bad, let me know how you make out.

• 1 year later...