AVIC411.com

2007 Dodge Ram with Factory Sirius Radio

I am installing a Z2 and I have factory Sirius in my truck. I am curious as I see no antenna cable for the factory antenna and do not want to install another antenna on the vehicle.

How can I use the factory antenna? Is it possible? I have the one large plug and one small plug on my factory wiring. I am guessing the small plug is for the steering wheel or sirius stuff. Any ideas? is the sirius tuner somewhere else on my truck and not built into the radio?

Like in my ford truck I took out a small cap of the cable and used the factory antenna.

Im sure the unit isnt built in to factory radio and theres another unit it connects to.

in my dodge, I only have the standard antenna plug, as well as the wire harness. thats it. no secondary plug set up. Which is why I was wondering...

The factory sirius tuner is I beleive on the rear wall of the cab on the passenger side. That's why there's no second antenna behind the radio. You'd have to mount the poineer sirius tuner where the factory tuner was. Then get a long ipbus cable since the one that comes with the pioneer tuner isn't long enough to go from the back of the truck to the radio location. FYI you may have to remove the plastic part of the connector of the factory antenna to get it to plug into the pioneer tuner.

The factory sirius tuner is I beleive on the rear wall of the cab on the passenger side. That's why there's no second antenna behind the radio. You'd have to mount the poineer sirius tuner where the factory tuner was. Then get a long ipbus cable since the one that comes with the pioneer tuner isn't long enough to go from the back of the truck to the radio location. FYI you may have to remove the plastic part of the connector of the factory antenna to get it to plug into the pioneer tuner.

thank you sir........

I do a lot of these in Dodges.....

• 3 weeks later...

The sirius tuner should be behind the glove box on the 07. Push the sides of the glove box towards each other to get past the stops. Take the glove box door off and look up to see the mounting plate. Unbolt that and you'll see the tuner. (I have a KENWOOD with sirius tuner.) I broke the baby crap yellow plastic off the factory antenna and it was plug n play. Do not know if the pioneer tuner will be the same[/b]

• 1 month later...

The Sirius tuner is up above the glove box. If you havent already done this take a look at these files.... www.dodge.com/bodybuilder

Its a pretty large file and the actual wiring diagrams might as well be written in Chinese but the pinouts and connector locations are extremely helpful.

Hey Cntry, just curious, could you use the factory Dodge Sirius antenna for both Sirius and XM, or would it not be compatable with XM. If I could use the factory antenna and split it for both receivers that would be one less hockey puck up on top of my new truck..... :)

• 6 years later...