AVIC411.com

2007 dodge ram with infinity speaker system

You could do one of two things to fix this problem.

1) Bypass the factory amp (located behind the blove box). Metra sells a harness just for this (70-6512) for the 02-05 w/infinity. May or may not be the same plug in. The wires are kinda tight, so you may want to use a harness.

2) Switch you front outs to the rear ins of your harness.

The reason the fade doesn't work correctly and the voice guidance isn't there is the factory only uses a left/right input to the factory amp, and the amp controls all fade and crossover functions.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this is an issue with the 08 RAM's?? I'm considering a Z2/3 for my new RAM. Do I need to bypass the factory amp also? According to Metra's WEB site, the part 70-6512 is only for up to 04 RAMS. The CHTO-01 (which I'm ordering) is for "retaining the factory amplifier".

Does the Z2/3 offer amplification or do I need another amp?

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

I had mine professional installed but the installer said that the harness/unit does utilize the stock infiniti amp. The only issues I am having is that the unit will boot up when I turn the truck on but won't play music over the speakers (the unit is playing). Apparantly there is a firmware update for the metra interface specifically for dodge pickups. The unit is supposed to work for a wide variety of dodge/chrysler cars with the canbus system but the trucks seem to have a specific issue. In order for me to get the music over the speakers (the Z2 still plays) play, I have to turn the truck on, wait, then rotate the key to turn the engine off but not all the way off. I then crank the engine (I have diesel) and the unit will play normally. Kinda irriating right now and I don't like crancking a cold diesel twice in a short time but my guy says he fix it.