AVIC411.com

32 gig Ipod Touch!!! Questions.

Wohoo! Apparently Apple is about to announce a 32gig Ipod Touch! I'm pretty happy about this, given that it means that finally there'll be an iPod big enough to hold all my music (and then some) but with no moving parts (which means it should last a long, long time). Add the Wifi and cool internet browser and I'm all over this new thing!

However, I recall that when the iPhone and the iPod Touch first came out, people on these forums reported problems with the artist and track information not updating when you hooked the iPod up to an AVIC D3. It would show the first artist and track and stay like that, even as the ipod moved on to other songs. Is this still an issue or has it been resolved?

Sorry about posting this, but I've tried searching for the old threads, but this forum has a really, really bad search feature. If you search for "iPod touch" it ignores the quotes and brings up all threads with the words iPod or touch in them. Plus, it doesn't point you to specific posts. It takes you to the beginning of the thread. Yuck!

(p.s. I don't care about video, as I never watch videos on my D3."

Sorry about posting this, but I've tried searching for the old threads, but this forum has a really, really bad search feature. If you search for "iPod touch" it ignores the quotes and brings up all threads with the words iPod or touch in them. Plus, it doesn't point you to specific posts. It takes you to the beginning of the thread. Yuck!

Actually it doesn't. It is a boolean search engine. You just arent as net savvy as you think you are. Use the words "and" and "or" when searching.

http://www.internettutorials.net/boolean.html

Actually it doesn't. It is a boolean search engine. You just arent as net savvy as you think you are. Use the words "and" and "or" when searching.

http://www.internettutorials.net/boolean.html

A boolean search turns up threads with the word "ipod" and "touch" but not necessarily those with the phrase "ipod touch" so it's much less useful than a search that allows you to specify whole phrases.