AVIC411.com

What do I need for install of avic d3 in 01 honda civic EX?

• 1 month later...

I believe the cable with the RCA output is the one you'd use for hooking up to an amp. There's should be another connector with another buch of cables (power, etc) which should have wires for the 4 speakers.

I too have an 01, and will put a D3 in as soon as it manages to get through customs... it's been there a week. Talk about torture ;-)

If you call paying the GST and PST on the item you bought "rape" then you get raped everytime you buy something, even within canada.

If you talk about the UPS brokerage fees, then yes, that is rape. You just have to use something else. USPS for example is a fixed 8$ "handling fee" on top of the taxes.

I should be just shy of 850$ including shipping, taxes and everything else. So it's cheaper for the whole bundle than I would have paid here for the D3 only.

And now back to our regular programming.

nah, I bought it just like this guy. Canadian buying from the states.

I picked up the D3, Blue Tooth< remote and Ipod connector for ~700 US cash. Converted to canadian was about $680. While i dont get the rebate, thats still better than the $800 cheapest at BrestBuy and Futurecrap for just the D3.

PST / GST are going to be applied to either purchase.

680 + 13% = $768.34

800 + 100 + 30 + 30 + 13% = $1084.80

And i shipped with USPS which charged no broker fees.

still a hell of a deal to buy US. Canadian prices are ridiculous still. I'm looking for an XM receiver right now. Cheapest canadian price is $200. Cheapest US price is $79. My only problem is i refuse to buy anything that uses UPS to ship

----------------

as for the original question.

if you've already got the aftermarket radio in there you probably have a harness already. just disconnect it from the existing wires and connect it to the harness for the D3.

The D3 has 2 different harness that go into the back. One which has your A/V inputs / outputs and the other one with the primary radio stuff. For the purposes of wiring it to your factory radio wiring, all wires basically go to the one harness and not the A/V harness.

hopefully if you have a good harness for your cars wiring the colours should match up too like mine did on my Vibe

back on topic. my car is the 2004 civic coupe si. i have 2 wires that i can't match up.

dsc02606cz1.th.jpg

this one plugged straight into my alpine cda deck. do civics have radio antenna built into the rear window and is this the wire for it? if so, how do i connect it to the d3?

dsc02607yd2.th.jpg

this one connects to my bazooka sub with built in amp. where do i connect this to on the d3 harness? the harness in the pic is for the alpine deck.