AVIC411.com

Software update??

• 6 months later...

From what I understand, the CNDV-50MT v1.2 does not offer any upgraded maps. It is just a firmware/software update. It fixes the clock format (being stuck in 24hr mode in certain places) and a few other things. CNDV-60 offers new maps, along with new software.

From what I understand, the CNDV-50MT v1.2 does not offer any upgraded maps. It is just a firmware/software update. It fixes the clock format (being stuck in 24hr mode in certain places) and a few other things. CNDV-60 offers new maps, along with new software.

I have pulled my hair out over that 24 hour clock, and trying to fix it in the media page. What does the cndv-60 offer above and beyond the v1.2 fixes?

cndv-60 offers a completely re-vamped GUI, which in my opinion runs faster when selecting menus, entering addresses, etc. It also has updated maps, and changes a few other things (ipod/xm maybe? I dont have either). I like it much more than my cndv-50 1.1 software. There was a torrent for them on thepiratebay.com.

No change on the ipod/xm btw

cndv-60 offers a completely re-vamped GUI, which in my opinion runs faster when selecting menus, entering addresses, etc. It also has updated maps, and changes a few other things (ipod/xm maybe? I dont have either). I like it much more than my cndv-50 1.1 software. There was a torrent for them on thepiratebay.com.
Guest amg011

As a Realtor in the Northern Virginia area, I rely on the N1 to get around. However the Map database stinks. Pioneer blames Tele-Atlas, but it’s actually Pioneer that fouled up the mapping.

Tele Atlas has a web-site :roll: (http://www.geographic.com/teleatlas/mapyouraddress/us/)

to validate the maps and addresses they send to Pioneer. I’m currently on Pioneer’s sh&% list for the grief I have given them in the handling of the poor mapping on a 6 year-old home in a suburb of the Nation’s Capital. Try the website to see if your address is on it. I tried it and my address has been there from the beginning.

I wonder how reliable the $30. NAV discs are that you can get on Ebay.

Would you trust the upgrade? :?:

Best regards

The 50 was much, much improved over the 40. The 60 seems to seems to be improved too, although not sure how much as I have only seen the improvements locally over the last couple weeks.

As a Realtor in the Northern Virginia area, I rely on the N1 to get around. However the Map database stinks. Pioneer blames Tele-Atlas, but it’s actually Pioneer that fouled up the mapping.

Tele Atlas has a web-site :roll: (http://www.geographic.com/teleatlas/mapyouraddress/us/)

to validate the maps and addresses they send to Pioneer. I’m currently on Pioneer’s sh&% list for the grief I have given them in the handling of the poor mapping on a 6 year-old home in a suburb of the Nation’s Capital. Try the website to see if your address is on it. I tried it and my address has been there from the beginning.

I wonder how reliable the $30. NAV discs are that you can get on Ebay.

Would you trust the upgrade? :?:

Best regards

I'm interested in the 60 discs, especially the ones offered on ebay.

I'm so full of questions regarding the upgrade :lol:

Are you running the 60 discs :?:

In what unit :?:

Where did the 60 discs come from :?:

eBay :?:

Was the upgrade easy :?: Which disc did you install East or West :?:

The 50 was much, much improved over the 40. The 60 seems to seems to be improved too, although not sure how much as I have only seen the improvements locally over the last couple weeks.