AVIC411.com

So you think you're good at installations...

Then I have one for you. Show me your stuff! 2001 Lincoln LS. We want to find a reverse sensing lead. Can't use the reverse lights. They have 12V constantly applied and use the CAN Bus to ground the circuit and turn them on. Can't use the transmission switch because it's a 5V reference signal and the Z1/2 resists down to and wants 10V. So what can be used? I was thinking of a relay and trying to control it with the 5V reference signal off the tranny selector switch. But I REALLY hesitate to tap into any circuit that goes to the CAN Bus or ECM in any way. You guys have to have crossed this bridge before.

Well I'll be damned! You guys are dead on the money! You really are good! That's what I'll do. I can catch the negative trigger at the rear module too which will make it cleaner and easier.

Let me ask you this...do you still use the resisted fuse lead that Pioneer provides when you use a negative trigger?

Then I have one for you. Show me your stuff! 2001 Lincoln LS. We want to find a reverse sensing lead. Can't use the reverse lights. They have 12V constantly applied and use the CAN Bus to ground the circuit and turn them on. Can't use the transmission switch because it's a 5V reference signal and the Z1/2 resists down to and wants 10V. So what can be used? I was thinking of a relay and trying to control it with the 5V reference signal off the tranny selector switch. But I REALLY hesitate to tap into any circuit that goes to the CAN Bus or ECM in any way. You guys have to have crossed this bridge before.

I just found this from the lincolnvscadillac.com forums:

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/cgi-bin ... faqid=5912

The LvC forums are also a great source for help specific to the LS