AVIC411.com

ANY1 GOT ANY TIPS ON INSTALL THE AVIC D3??

i no longer have the diagram, another question, any1 know what color the speed detection lead is for the 02 accord, and what the color is the backup light lead?? im new to installing stuff, just gonna wang it see what i can do... 1 more stupid question if im using buttconnetors, for the wires to connect do i have to remove a lil bit of the colored skin for the wire so it shows the lil wire thread to make the connection or can i just clamp it on like wire taps??

ummm, not to sound mean or harsh but if you have not installed anything before this is not a unit or the time to learn on. it could prove to be a expensive training. you may want to either find a friend who has installed and knows a little more than you to teach you a little something OR better yet, just pay someone who is an experianced installer and knows the answers to your basic questions. I suggest that if you want to install equitment that you look into some reading materials and maybe even pick up a copy of an MECP book.

good luck

no offense taken, well i think i can do it, just never installed nothing in a car, just did home electronics.... and all i used was electric tape, thats why i asked the question about butt connectors because i never used them... i did some research on most of the stuff, and check out all the wires in car and read the manual throughly, and i think im confidence enough to do it... just had some small questions lurking in the air... such as what color the speed and backup lead is...i wouldnt try it if i wasnt too sure what i was doing, but i watched a friend hooked up my avic n2 awhile back... i try calling him for tips but fool what pick up the phone... so if any1 got answers to my previous question it will gladly help...

You need to trim some insulation to get bare wire touching the inner metal sleeve in the butt connector.

Don't hook up anything until you know for sure what it is, no guessing allowed because in many cases you will burn up something expensive.

I don't know the wire colors for the Honda but I'll bet using Google you could eventually find someone who has posted that info somewhere...

well i got the wiring color code for it now, i went to best buy (where i originally bought the old 1), since i do not live to far and bought another harness then made a copy of wiring code manual, then i returned it back to the store :D , basically it was just match the colors! so thats an relief on the safety issue of wrongly connecting something... well all i need to find out is where the speed lead and backup lead is.... any1??

Speed Sense blue/white ECM

Located at the first plug on the ECM, it is a 32 pin gray plug. The ECM plugs can be accessed by pulling up the carpet on the passenger side of the center console. There are 4 plugs total.

Reverse Light green/black + driver side fuse box

by the way, im hoping i read this wrong when you said you used electrical tape to make connections in home wiring

Speed Sense blue/white ECM

by the way, im hoping i read this wrong when you said you used electrical tape to make connections in home wiring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no offense taken, well i think i can do it, just never installed nothing in a car, just did home electronics.... and all i used was electric tape

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scary isn't it

ok i did it, took me about an hour and 1/2... everything worked fine.. the only thing was the bypass, it worked but then when i drive pass 15mph the warning thing came up... i saw some1 else on here with that same problem so i guess i look it up... another thing is the fram supplied with it didnt fit so i have gap around it... so guess i have to find a kit, couldnt find any at best buy.... but imma go check out another 1 around here, so once i get that ill try to fix the problem with the bypass...