AVIC411.com

Another Lovely Pioneer Service story

Well, I had to send my N2 in for the Flex cable upgrade. When i sent in, the only thing that would function was the power button and the eject button. Nothing else would respond. So i sent the unit in. almost 2 weeks later I call to find out the status, and its on hold for cosmetic damage, so they want to know if I want to pay the $200 fee to fix the chip on the corner of the face, and damage to the casing (i still dont know what damage that is). BTW, there were NO damages cosmetically when I shipped it out. But the little chip isnt a big deal to me. But now, I have a bigger problem. The Disc player is messed up.

When I first reinstalled it, I would put a disc in, and it would sound like its slapping around on the inside of the unit, so the unit never got the reboot from the software. I had to go to work, so i didnt uninstall it, but while I was driving suddenly the disc started reading and rebooted the system. I figured everything was good now. Wrong again! Now it wont eject the disc on its own. I have to use a second disc to guide the one out of the unit, or to put a disc in the unit I have to use a seperate disc to get it all the way in by pushing it in.

So the same day I notice this (the day after I reinstalled it) I called pioneer. Automatically, "Its not something that could have been damaged by doing the flex cable, so you have to pay for the repairs" Been fighting with them now for about a month to get it fixed without me paying $200 to fix it. Now im waiting for a supervisor to call me back to discuss the matter fully. Because customer service SUCKS!!!!! I even mentioned to them the countless stories like mine on these forums, and they do everything possible to detour that side of the conversation

sorry to hear about your disappointment! i will never send my units back to pioneer because they take forever from my experience. i send my units to a guy i found on ebay. the turnaround is less than a week if he receives it on monday. message me if you're interested. he does excellent work and you get a 1 year warranty from them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Legal to reverse a modification that can be used for illegal activities to the way it was intended? I would guess its perfectly legal :lol:

i sent mine in, i got it back within a week, but my bypass is gone......

is that even legal? to undo my bypass when all i wanted was the flex cable? hmmmm, not sure i wanna go there

after weeks of fighting with them, I sent it back to them today for them to fix the eject/load problem. They said as long as it wasnt caused by the damage to the unit, they will repair it and waive the fee.

as for the Bypass, they are suppose to remove it. You were NEVER suppose to use it. My bypass was taken off too, but its a 30 second fix to do it over again

• 1 year later...

so this is pretty funny. i got the n2 unit used from a friend and when i installed it it would open the face but nothing would happen only power button and the thing to open screen(sounds familiar to u) so i read online about the flex cable. i sent the unit in took forever to get it back wheni called they said there was cosmetic damages (also sounds familiar) they said there was a chip on it (hmmm) there is a chip on the top right corner of the flip out part. when i got the unit back it worked but now with a chip of course. then i ran into the problem of barely any sound coming out with it at full blast. got it tested and the sound outputs where messed up. so had to get a 4 channel amp and use the rca outputs of it. but another problem i noticed was that when i put cd's in it wouldnt suck the disc in i had to use tweezers to push it in and when ejecting i had to use tweezers to pull out the discs which adds little scratches. as i read ur story i thought i was stating my own story pretty funny didnt check if my bypassed was removed now im curios to pull the unit out and check