AVIC411.com

ANy avic s1 reviews

I don't get these guys that are leaving bad reviews. Not that I think they don't know what they are talking about...but what are they talking about??? When the "bad" review says no route summary what does he mean? And the bad driving directions makes no sense either. I have to laugh at these people because as they leave their reviews, in my eyes and I am sure others as well they don't make sense.

I have this thing and I think it works great. Is it the be all end all of portable navigation, no? But are any of the portable navi units, no?

The no route summary has me scratching my head, and I wish the reviewer would have left better info. To me route summary is how far and how long(ETA). The AVIC-S1 gives you that info. Now again, that is what it means to me. To them, I can't say.

Here is my thought on the bad driving directions comment. This person bought it and tested it driving around his town. When he entered a destination it gave him a route that he thought was not right or too long or whatever. But this person knows his town, and they know where to and how to go. To test any portable, or even in dash navigation the true test is not the area you already know because you already know the short cuts, quickest routes and all that. I have used this thing now in 6 States and I think it works as well, or better than it should.

I am lead to wonder if the person that left the 4 out of 10 even looked at the instructions. Not that you really need to as it is pretty straight forward, but before you rate it poorly maybe one should actually look over the instructions and see if some of the problems are user error.

As for the battery comment on the other one. Not much to say there. Mine has lasted almost 4+ hours, and I can't say that is good or bad for what it is.

Anyway, I stand behind this being a great unit.
to make a long story short i just recived my free s1 its for the wife tho and so far she loves it the blue tooth is so simple and easy to use ...i got it for free from 6ave.com when i bought my avicd2 ..it was a good way to convince her and of course she LOVES free...
[quote name="That_one_Guy"]I don't get these guys that are leaving bad reviews. Not that I think they don't know what they are talking about...but what are they talking about??? When the "bad" review says no route summary what does he mean? And the bad driving directions makes no sense either. I have to laugh at these people because as they leave their reviews, in my eyes and I am sure others as well they don't make sense.

I have this thing and I think it works great. Is it the be all end all of portable navigation, no? But are any of the portable navi units, no?

The no route summary has me scratching my head, and I wish the reviewer would have left better info. To me route summary is how far and how long(ETA). The AVIC-S1 gives you that info. Now again, that is what it means to me. To them, I can't say.

Here is my thought on the bad driving directions comment. This person bought it and tested it driving around his town. When he entered a destination it gave him a route that he thought was not right or too long or whatever. But this person knows his town, and they know where to and how to go. To test any portable, or even in dash navigation the true test is not the area you already know because you already know the short cuts, quickest routes and all that. I have used this thing now in 6 States and I think it works as well, or better than it should.

I am lead to wonder if the person that left the 4 out of 10 even looked at the instructions. Not that you really need to as it is pretty straight forward, but before you rate it poorly maybe one should actually look over the instructions and see if some of the problems are user error.

As for the battery comment on the other one. Not much to say there. Mine has lasted almost 4+ hours, and I can't say that is good or bad for what it is.

Anyway, I stand behind this being a great unit.[/quote]

Thanks that one, I think we're going to get it anyway, God willing. Thanks and God Bless.
Some more reviews of the avic s1

[url=http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1225164,00.html]http://www.time.com/time/business/artic ... 64,00.html[/url]

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=2302749]http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=2302749[/url]

[url=http://www.epinions.com/Pioneer_AVIC_S1_GPS_Receiver/display_~reviews]http://www.epinions.com/Pioneer_AVIC_S1 ... y_~reviews[/url]

The reviews are not that bad.
  • 2 weeks later...
lots of clients buy this unit and the all love it..

it's still new so not mutch bad reviews yet.

only that it always take a long route ...lol

i sell the

sony nvu

jvc exad avinu

garmin c330

and
tomtom 700

of all the units i rater shows the sony or the pioneer.the tomtom sucks big time and the garmin is very good but the only thing it does not liste anly afhter you have writen the intire street....
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="techker"]lots of clients buy this unit and the all love it..

it's still new so not mutch bad reviews yet.

only that it always take a long route ...lol

i sell the

sony nvu

jvc exad avinu

garmin c330

and
tomtom 700

of all the units i rater shows the sony or the pioneer.the tomtom sucks big time and the garmin is very good but the only thing it does not liste anly afhter you have writen the intire street....[/quote]

Do you work at Best Buy. Every single one of those you mentioned is the only thing that the Best Buy I went to carried.

They said to go for the Garmin but it's all opinion anyway.
still trying the s1 out myself. The bluetooth part is horrible to say the least, but then again pioneer hasnt done much with their bluetooth in way of quality this year anyways. the system is slow sometimes and even seems to tweak out and doesnt display route info on map screen from what I have seen with little use thus far. you can only set a demo location up to I think 59 miles, which is kinda short for a demo unit.

In regards to earlier post where reviewer hadnt given many details, I think they were merely posting from the "users" standpoint, meaning their comments would really only make sense (slightly) to someone who has already used the product.

I think the best comment thus far is "nice first attempt"

as there is plenty of room for improvement
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Everybody!
I'm from Sweden and fingered on the service menu...lost the system, the machine is DEATH! Lucky me!
Somebody out there who knos how to make a backup of wince????
Or maybe send me a file cold winceimg.bin created from another s1????
PLEASE HELP ME!
I tried to flash different winceimg.bin into my machine with no luck!
Only the original works!
(I still have the original service menu with bluetooth test and all these flashing functions!)

thanx for help