AVIC411.com

3d Calibration ??

[quote name="Mac3150"]I have 1700 miles on my Z1 and the 3d calibration is still in simple hybrid. Left and right turns are full. Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

If your VSS wire is not connected or is confusing the Z1 then it will stay as simple hybrid. Do you have the VSS wire hooked up and on the connection screen (not the 3d calibration screen) does the VSS signal look like it changes with speed?
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="Mac3150"]I have 1700 miles on my Z1 and the 3d calibration is still in simple hybrid. Left and right turns are full. Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

If your VSS wire is not connected or is confusing the Z1 then it will stay as simple hybrid. Do you have the VSS wire hooked up and on the connection screen (not the 3d calibration screen) does the VSS signal look like it changes with speed?[/quote]

what screen is this VSS signal? And, what does VSS stand for? I've driven about 160 miles and my 3d calibration is still on simple hybrid also.
VSS = Vehicle Speed Sensor. I believe the Z1 calls it the Speed Pulse. The speed pulse number should change with speed. I spoke to a Pioneer Support staff and he mentioned that as long as the pulse changes with speed , that is what the Z1 is reading. I'm still in simply hybrid mode and I have speed pulse data...not sure what is taking so long...I have over 170 miles.
[quote name="bongus"]VSS = Vehicle Speed Sensor. I believe the Z1 calls it the Speed Pulse. The speed pulse number should change with speed. I spoke to a Pioneer Support staff and he mentioned that as long as the pulse changes with speed , that is what the Z1 is reading. I'm still in simply hybrid mode and I have speed pulse data...not sure what is taking so long...I have over 170 miles.[/quote]

but, where can you see it change with speed? On what screen?
[quote name="bongus"]VSS = Vehicle Speed Sensor. I believe the Z1 calls it the Speed Pulse. The speed pulse number should change with speed. I spoke to a Pioneer Support staff and he mentioned that as long as the pulse changes with speed , that is what the Z1 is reading. I'm still in simply hybrid mode and I have speed pulse data...not sure what is taking so long...I have over 170 miles.[/quote]

The wire in the back is labeled VSS but I think you are right, on the Z1 screen it will be referred to as Speed Pulse.

Mine was calibrated in less than 50 miles, so there might be something wrong with yours.

First try going into that section

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - 3d calibration (I think that's what it's called)

And try resetting the info in there.

It will list how many speed pulses it got over time, but if they aren't consistant with the speed the GPS is sensing I would bet it will never get out of simple hybrid mode.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="niteone"]but, where can you see it change with speed? On what screen?[/quote]

MENU - SETTINGS (tab) - HARDWARE - CONNECTIONS

I think it's the top line or the second line down (if memory serves)[/quote]

so, on this screen, I should see something changing with the speed of my vehicle then I'll know it's hook up right, correct?

I know my speedometer on the AVIC-Z1 works, would that matter?

also, why is it important to get out of simple hybrid...why woudl that matter? Thanks, I'm learning here.
[quote name="niteone"]so, on this screen, I should see something changing with the speed of my vehicle then I'll know it's hook up right, correct?[/quote]

Yes, in that screen, there will be a number and a bar graph which will start with a high verticle line, and ever line to the right will be a little shorter. So it will look like a downward angled hill. This does not make sense, I would assume you wold want an upward sloping hill when the number gets higher... but hey, who am I to argue. Also the number in the speed pulse screen seems to be about 1/2 what my mpg is. About....

[quote name="niteone"]
I know my speedometer on the AVIC-Z1 works, would that matter?[/quote]

The Vehicle Dynamics screen will give you a working speedo off the GPS signal alone.

The VSS signal will add to the accuracy of the system (at least that's what they say).

[quote name="niteone"]
also, why is it important to get out of simple hybrid...why woudl that matter? Thanks, I'm learning here.[/quote]

It's not really. I ran for 6 weeks in simple hybrid mode. It's not that bad. But according to pioneer, if you want the best accuracy, you want the VSS wire hooked up. That and the internal accellerometers will be able to track your position for a while the gps is not receiving a signal.