AVIC411.com

2 Simple DNX7100 Questions

I guess the questions are easy if you already have one....

1. If you bypass the 7100 is there a way to get navigation and dvd and/or ipod video playback at the same time?

2. Can you load numbers AND addresses into the system via a bluetooth cell phone? If so, can you use the navigation with the entered addresses quickly, or do you have to search for them independently? For example; if I have Bob's address entered, can I hit a button in the bluetooth menu and have it enter the coordinates into the nav?

Thanks

1. You can't see your movie and nav at the same time. you may hear the audio but if you pick nav you get nav video if you want to watch a movie either dvd or ipod this is the only source you will see So NO SPLITSCREEN if that is what you want.

2. There is no integration between the addresses and Nav through your cell phonebook. You can upload your phonebook but it doesn't correlate to the nav. Also I think the unit will only hold 100 maybe it's 300 numbers so if your like me you won't have them all. I created a category in my cell phone and added all the numbers i wanted to sync to the DNX then only uploaded the category so I would have the ones i wanted. Hope this helps. J

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's going to depend a lot on your phone. On mine I had to go to each contact entry and push the info to the radio. It was Send Name Card or something like that.

I hate to say it but if you have a lower end phone it might not have the capability. Bluetooth has so many profiles not every phone supports the right profile(s) to send the phonebook information. I'm finding just because a phone says it has Bluetooth, it may not have the right profile to transfer phonebook info. There's an Object Push Profile and a Phone Book Access Profile that I think your phone needs at least one in order to transfer the data to the radio.

If your phone connects, look through your phones menus for the contact info area and see if there's something to send the contact info either with each individual entry or for the whole list.

Maybe pair it with a different phone and see if it can transfer the contact info.