AVIC411.com

AVIC N4 QUESTIONS - ADD YOURS HERE.. Along with Answers

Since this forum doesn't have a dedicated N4 forum area, which it should... thought I would do this for folks here that have the N4.. While some of these options may work on other systems, I don't know the validity of that.

This is for everyone, hopefully this will work out well, and people will book mark this..

Photograher407 - Damon

Question 1: Photos for the N4 - Trying to make the size perfect for the window....

Size for Horizontal and for vertical photos needed.

NO ANSWER YET PROVIDED

Question 2: Is there a simple way to burn an image of the DVD-NAV discs for backup. Clearly putting discs in and out is going to take its toll.

No answer provided yet..(Simple instructions) only... in detail... for the novice type of guy or gal..

Question 3: Making DVD's for use in N4

(Answer provided by: ME) :)

I do this all the time plus I do video editing etc...

1. Very simple way... If your movies are DVD5 or DVD9 it doesnt matter. If you have a Video_ts folder that is already created... the simplest way is this.

Get Nero version 8 or what not.

Once installed, click on Nero Express.

Once it comes up click on videos/pictures icon

Then click on DVD_Video files

(go to your video_ts folder of the movies) - double click it so you have all of the files shown in the folder, and drag them over to the nero window. Then click next and burn... if they are already in Video_ts format this works 100%... for me any how..

If you're wanting to burn something like avi's, mpg's, etc...

This is always tricky because you dont know how the files were originally encoded.

however if you use something like ULEAD Dvd Movie Factory you can make and burn all in one. Just drag the movie files over and click encode. This will take hours however... do it before you leave for work or before you go to bed...

Try that :)

Question 4: Does the AVIC-N4 speak the actual street name like "Turn left onto Wigwam street in 1 quarter mile", or does it just say "Take your next left in 1 quarter mile".. (Posted by: JayNyc)

Echoplex Provided Answer: No the AVIC N4 does not have text to speech it will not speak the street names

1. Read the thread on making custom backgrounds at the top of the page.

2. Yes, Copy the nav disk to your hard drive and use a program like nero or dvd decryptor to burn it onto a dual layer disk. People have also had success with programs that have a 'copy disk' feature

4. No text to speech, just distance. It does say some freeway numbers though. Ex. Keep left onto US highway 101

P.S. All these answers are elsewhere on the forum. Most people use the search button rather than making a thread for each individual model

each specific model as well.. to say (n series) that is now fairly general seeing as they have 4 models as a whole. Example, I am a photographer - and saying Canon DSLR's as a general is just WAY to broad. For one or 2 models is one thing, however 3 or more is just a headache.

As well this site isn't specific enough on the search. Typing N4 only still brings up several other keywords... having one general question and answer page is a great idea..

1. Read the thread on making custom backgrounds at the top of the page.

2. Yes, Copy the nav disk to your hard drive and use a program like nero or dvd decryptor to burn it onto a dual layer disk. People have also had success with programs that have a 'copy disk' feature

4. No text to speech, just distance. It does say some freeway numbers though. Ex. Keep left onto US highway 101

P.S. All these answers are elsewhere on the forum. Most people use the search button rather than making a thread for each individual model

1. Found nothing specific in regards to the N4 and exact image size to fit in the screen.

2. Thank you for the answer, however I tried just copying over with issues (burn speed might have been to fast) will re-try...

Thanks

• 1 year later...