AVIC411.com

5.5 gen 80 ipod v 1.2.3 and d3 and cd-i200

What iPods will work with my AVIC-D3?

What iPods will work with my AVIC-D3?

well i think i answered my own question.

from proneer webpage...................... im guessing my 5.5 with v1.2.3 is obviously greater than 1.2.1 and therefore not supported.

For the AVIC-D3 and AVIC-N4, iPod® Control is available with the CD-I200 (iPod® interface cable) and compatible with:

> 5th generation/Firmware Version 1.2.1

> 4th iPod® Version 3.1.1

> 3rd iPod® Version 2.3

> iPod® photo Version 1.2.1

> iPod® mini Version 1.4.1

> iPod® nano 2nd generation Version 1.1.3

> iPod® nano 1st generation Version 1.3.1

This will also apply to the AVIC-N4.

Attachments: There are no attachments for this solution.

What ipod are you using? If its a true 5.5 gen, it works fine. You hit video on the touchscreen, it tells you to use the ipod for control, so you use the ipod to play the movie. When you are done with video, you hit the touchscreen, and hit music to go back to the music on the ipod.

Only 6 gen have problems

thanks for the response.

hmmm i cannot use my 5.5g with 1.2.3 and a buddies 5g with 1.2.3.

let me explain in more detail. when i plug it in and go into the AV menu. i select Ipod. It instantly starts playing music(GOOD). but across the screen it says "use ipod for operation" in white against a black background(BAD). it charges the ipod. the ipod plays fine. but the controls are not on the screen.

i have not tested video. i have no video on the ipod. is anyone else using 1.2.3???

are there settings on the ipod/d3 i need to change??? i spent all day looking for stuff on about this and came up with i need to revert back to 1.2.1 but if this isnt true that would be great.

thanks in advance

from what i gather this should work? everytime i plug the ipod in the d3 says use the ipod to control everything. what am i doing wrong? do i need to downgrade firmware? any advice would be great. i would ultimatly like to be able to control video and music from the d3...

How do i down grade the firmware?

i hace a 6gen 80g