AVIC411.com

help broke metal piece of the mute wire

okay i had the avic d3 installed about a couple weeks ago with bypass done. about last week the prohibit warning about movies popped up so i knew it was a loose wire. I took it out and the mute wire fell out. Now i tried to get the mute wire to go back in but it just wanted go all the way. No matter how lightly or hardly i push it carefully so the metal would be against the teeth of that plug. So i got really frustrated since i couldnt get the mute wire in, i just pushed it real hard which end up bending the metal. So when i pulled it back out i just touch the metal it broked off.

So now i am left without my bypass, everything else is still running fine though.

Just wanted to know if its possible i can buy that little metal piece at radioshack??? and any1 got any tips on entering the mute wire to that little hole smoothly??

Ok... I did the same exact thing you did, this is what I did, I took the remote wire, which was never going to be used because I am not going to put an amp in my truck, and used that wire as my mute wire and grounded it.

There has got to be a wire you do not plan on using on your harness.