AVIC411.com

Voice Command doesnt work AVIC N2

Hello,

Model: Avic N2

My problem is that my voice command pack microphone doesnt work with my Avic N2. I suspect that something is wrong with my brain unit. I did not install this unit into my porsche so I do not know how it was hooked up. I have checked the back of my headunit numerous times and it is attached to the correct microphone jack in back of the headunit itself

Are there any wires that handle the microphone running to the brain unit? (If so I am going to check to see if any are loose or disconnected).

Does Pioneer repair defected brain units without a charge? Or are they going to charge me 200 bux?

Thanks for your help!

Naw.. no voice command circular blue thing appears on my deck. I did send it in to Pioneer for them to check to see if my deck was messed up (as well as a flex cable fix) and they said that there was nothing wrong with my deck.

I been trying to plug my microphone (and went and bought about 5 different microphone sets) and tried every hole possible for it to go into, however I am receiving no luck....

Thanks for your help.. this is driving me nuts.

I dunno, I went so far as to buy a new harness from Pioneer and replace all the wires in the back including the Microphone wire. I went through many boxes of brand new microphones so far. This is driving me nuts, I can't figure out whats wrong with my microphone... the blue circular voice icon just doesnt want to show up...

Wow, I admire your determination to snoop this out! While I don't have the answer, I do want to help...

By swapping out mics and even the cable, it sounds like you've isolated the problem to the head unit. I'm not sure if the mic signal is used and processed in the head unit or in the hide-away unit, but the next step might be to test continuity on all wires between the two, check for loose pins, etc.

Assuming that's all sound, I'd just assume it's a bad unit.

If you REALLY want to go nuts, maybe you could spend a minute or two trying to figure out how the N2 detects if you have a mic plugged in or not. As it's a standard jack, I assume a ground is toggled (either broken or shorted) when you plug the mic into the cable. I'd get out my multi-meter in continuity test mode, contact the leads to two of the three pins on the connector and see what pins short or break when you plug the mic into the cable. For example, maybe L and R are shorted until you plug in the mic. I don't know specifically for the N2, that's why you'd need to test. Once you know how it detects the mic, I'd bypass the connector altogether and just short the pins (or maybe take a pin out, if that's what you find) on the connector and plug it all in. If it shows that the mic is plugged in, then you know it's the cable or the mic.

post-12328-12872753834169_thumb.jpg