AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Hello everyone, well I recently bought a D3 for my car and I absolutely love it, since I got it though I've been wanting to put something in my 2nd car now. Thing is, I don't drive the 2nd car that often so there is no use for navigation. Well I'm really picky and after getting the D3 I decided I really liked having the buttons on the left side, and the red led. So my question about the avh-p4000 is, can you change the led's and screen color to red like you can with the D3? It looks exactly the same as the D3 but I can't find much information about it anywhere since its so new.

Or do you suggest any other dvd players that have red led's? I've been looking forever and this seems like my only option especially since I prefer the double din screen rather then having a flip up.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, well I recently bought a D3 for my car and I absolutely love it, since I got it though I've been wanting to put something in my 2nd car now. Thing is, I don't drive the 2nd car that often so there is no use for navigation. Well I'm really picky and after getting the D3 I decided I really liked having the buttons on the left side, and the red led. So my question about the avh-p4000 is, can you change the led's and screen color to red like you can with the D3? It looks exactly the same as the D3 but I can't find much information about it anywhere since its so new.

Or do you suggest any other dvd players that have red led's? I've been looking forever and this seems like my only option especially since I prefer the double din screen rather then having a flip up.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

These are now released. Did you buy one? I would like to get one for the wifes car and would like to hear some feedback.

These are now released. Did you buy one? I would like to get one for the wifes car and would like to hear some feedback.

I actually decided not to get one since I have the D3 already in one of my cars, I thought it may look silly having the same looking head unit in both. Instead I bought the Kenwood DDX512. It is basically the same thing except it can have navigation added on if you want to in the future. I thought that was good since I usually don't drive the car its going in on trips (its supercharged so horrible gas mileage) but if I decided to take it on a trip I could easily add in GPS.

Having the D3 is great though, it has a beautiful interface and your wife would probably love the avh-p4000 since it is just like the D3, the only thing I don't like about the D3 is when your ipod is hooked up and your scroll through your songs the names don't scroll you have to hit down then let names load up and so on, takes forever...they may have fixed that in the p4000 though...

I havn't installed it yet, I'm going to on Sunday as along as weather stays good. The D3 is very simple, my mom, who can't even work a dvd player was able to figure it out pretty easily, from videos I've seen the kenwood looks just as simple, I'll let you know on Sunday after I get it installed though :) To be honest though, if shes a girl like me...and sucks with directions...I'd go with the Kenwood because then later on your can add in GPS if she decides it is something she needs. I don't think I'd be able to live without my D3 in my daily driver car haha

• 3 months later...

Any updates?

I have a D3 in my truck, and now I need something for my wife, who absolutely does not want nav. I too was looking at both the 4000 and Kenwoods.

A girl, with more than one car (vehicle), and a supercharged one? Where have you been? :twisted:

Well I ended up hating the kenwood, its interface was ugly in my opinion, I sold it and bought the pioneer 4000, I love it. Its wayyy better looking, if your wife is somewhat girly like me then she will most likely hate how the kenwood looks too. Functionality wise though they are both very good, the kenwood just puts these really ugly drop shadows on the words and bleh it just wasn't pretty.

Wow...really interesting.

I just went to a local shop and they were raving about the Kenwood.

It does have a really nice screen, but I didn't dwell on anything in particular.

I think I'll run with the Pioneer then. I just wish the BT was built in.

Thanks again for your opinions/comments.