AVIC411.com

I'm pretty new to the D3 and was wondering what the video out actually sent out. I'm assuming that if you're playing a DVD that that would be sent to the output. But, what about the normal screens? Do they also get sent to the output? Does the AV-1 & AV-2 get passed through?

I don't have mine installed yet, it's only on the work bench and I've had only a few minutes to play w/ it.

It would be really nice for creating demo video's if it did send all screen contents to the video out.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an ancient thread, but I have a flip down screen in the back for the kiddies on long trips. I was thinking of getting an ipod or doing some type of hard drive mod/install. But from this thread I am wondering if either of these video sources would output to the back flip down screen and not just on the head unit. If it just works on avic d3 screen and not the flip down this doesn't work for me. Am I missing something here? It seems that in an alternate install in a prior vehicle where I happened to have an extra DVD player, I used it to play DVDs so I could just leave the nav disc in the D3. This way I could watch the DVD on the flip down and the D3 screen. Does anyone know if the Ipod plays video on flip downs in the back as well as the D3 screen? I don't have an Ipod so I need your experience/expertise on this. Tell me your thoughts. Also, of course I would like to be able to control the Ipod from the D3.