AVIC411.com

ripping MP3 formatted discs on AVIC-Z1

• 4 weeks later...
^^^^ That's like me saying, "Don't run your car into a bridge, you'll kill yourself." And you saying, "Not true, it depends on how fast you're going." Um, yeah...

If you want to get technical it actually depends on the quality of your stereo too, and your amps, and your speakers, and your speaker wire, and your power, and your ground isolation, and the codecs you use, and the audio software you use, and if your computer crashes in the middle of ripping to audio, and if your little brother plugs in his Mr. Microphone to your computer while ripping/burning, etc.

So, let me update my statement:

Generally speaking, audio tracks that are ripped from a commercial audio CD to MP3's then burned back to an audio CD and then re-ripped to the Z1 [b]generally[/b] sound horrible and you won't want to listen to them... generally. And as you know most people's collections do not come from rips they did personally but from the Internets so they have no control over the quality of the rip.