AVIC411.com

Install issues? Pioneer is no help.

Hello there.

Okay, so I have the navigation system and the usb plug for it.

When I first plugged it in (I'm running XP) my computer picked up that it was there and it tried to install the hardware. But it failed. Okay so I figure I need the DVD that comes with it- but I don't have it.

So I found this site and I downloaded the Sync Manager. I also found an update for it and I downloaded that as well. BUT NOW (when I'm finally ready to install the drivers)

I plug in the GPS and I can hear the hardware added sound- but nothing else. No prompts, no windows, nothing. And it's not installed at all.

When I try to use the downloaded Sync Manager, it fails.

"The installer is not able to install the driver, please check your device and try again."

is what the installer says.

Now I can remember when my pc first identified the hardware I had an option to not try to install it again but I thought I didn't tick that. X___X

I've tried to manually install the new hardware but- I have no idea what it would read and I can't figure out how to do that correctly.

I am so thoroughly annoyed at this GPS. I'm ripping my hair out. Have had issues since day one and then upon calling Pioneer- I'm greeted with "HEY! Spend 150$ for an upgrade!" No. Way. That's rediculous. ANYWAY!

HELP

^___^