AVIC411.com

Please Help with Touch Panel

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up just sending the unit to Pioneer. They have had the unit for a week so far fixing the screen calibration issue as well as a burned out LED and the screen not coming out sometimes. There's a flat $200 charge to do repairs so it was easier just have them fix all the little issues. Plus their repair facility isn't too far from me.
There's no way I'm sending in my deck to Pioneer for $200 just to re-calibrate my screen. That should be a built in future that doesn't break anything when performing.

I'm going to try this, but I wish there were more ppl that have tried doing this.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Neal"]There's no way I'm sending in my deck to Pioneer for $200 just to re-calibrate my screen. That should be a built in future that doesn't break anything when performing.

I'm going to try this, but I wish there were more ppl that have tried doing this.[/quote]

i agree...

i have the unit out of my car now, but i still dont plan on sending it to pioneer.

i cant believe that nobody on here can confirm how to calibrate the screen with no problems.
  • 4 weeks later...
yea ive been trying for like 2 months. I think there is a defect in the left side of the screen .. Its too much of a coincidence that everyone has an issue with that side. The right side lines up just fine... I can only program a route by using the stylus out of my cell phone
[quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="Neal"]There's no way I'm sending in my deck to Pioneer for $200 just to re-calibrate my screen. That should be a built in future that doesn't break anything when performing.

I'm going to try this, but I wish there were more ppl that have tried doing this.[/quote]

i agree...

i have the unit out of my car now, but i still dont plan on sending it to pioneer.

i cant believe that nobody on here can confirm how to calibrate the screen with no problems.[/quote]

Odds are pretty good, that the + - buttons the poster had problems with were a result of the flex cable going bad at close to the same time. remember this post is almost a year old. Best bet is try resetting the calibration in the service menu. It's the same thing pioneer techs are going to do.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="Neal"]There's no way I'm sending in my deck to Pioneer for $200 just to re-calibrate my screen. That should be a built in future that doesn't break anything when performing.

i agree...

i cant believe that nobody on here can confirm how to calibrate the screen with no problems.[/quote]

Odds are pretty good, that the + - buttons the poster had problems with were a result of the flex cable going bad at close to the same time. remember this post is almost a year old. Best bet is try resetting the calibration in the service menu. It's the same thing pioneer techs are going to do.[/quote]

where were the step by step instructions on how to do this? i found them once, but i was in the searching mood. also, the ones i did find were not complete. hopefully a better walkthrough has been made since then.

thanks.
Ill try messing with the service menu on mine tomorrow and see how the calibrate options work, from the descriptions so far it does not sounds very intuitive! but ill give it a shot.
My N1 is having the same issue, and pretty much ruins the unit for me, considering I can not use the address book at all, which I used allot.
I have preformed the mod that lets me watch TV and DVD while moving, with the newest software, by soldering the circut board so sending my unit to Pioneer might not even be a option?
Ill let you know how it goes.
[quote name="jsdeprey"]Ill try messing with the service menu on mine tomorrow and see how the calibrate options work, from the descriptions so far it does not sounds very intuitive! but ill give it a shot.
My N1 is having the same issue, and pretty much ruins the unit for me, considering I can not use the address book at all, which I used allot.
I have preformed the mod that lets me watch TV and DVD while moving, with the newest software, by soldering the circut board so sending my unit to Pioneer might not even be a option?
Ill let you know how it goes.[/quote]

thanks...

btw, if u have the n1, which it looks like you do, all i had to do was ground the parking brake wire. what type of soldering to the circuit board are you talking about?

Tom
[quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="jsdeprey"]Ill try messing with the service menu on mine tomorrow and see how the calibrate options work, from the descriptions so far it does not sounds very intuitive! but ill give it a shot.

thanks...

btw, if u have the n1, which it looks like you do, all i had to do was ground the parking brake wire. what type of soldering to the circuit board are you talking about?

Tom[/quote]

Nah, once you go to the newest version of software, which I wanted to because i was missing some roads around my house etc... just the parking brake does not work anymore, the software starts using the build it gyro to tell you are moving and cuts the video off, and even tells you your parking brake wire in not hooked up right.
So you have to solder some pins inside the unit on the N1, its a pain but it worked.
[quote name="jsdeprey"] [quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="jsdeprey"]Ill try messing with the service menu on mine tomorrow and see how the calibrate options work, from the descriptions so far it does not sounds very intuitive! but ill give it a shot.

thanks...

Tom[/quote]

Nah, once you go to the newest version of software, which I wanted to because i was missing some roads around my house etc... just the parking brake does not work anymore, the software starts using the build it gyro to tell you are moving and cuts the video off, and even tells you your parking brake wire in not hooked up right.
So you have to solder some pins inside the unit on the N1, its a pain but it worked.[/quote]

oh yeah you are right, i forgot about that. and i upgraded the software to, however, i bought a new car shortly after that that has navi already so i never really had to solve that issue since the n1 is just sitting in my closet now.
[quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="jsdeprey"] [quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="jsdeprey"]Ill try messing with the service menu on mine tomorrow and see how the calibrate options work, from the descriptions so far it does not sounds very intuitive! but ill give it a shot.

thanks...

Tom[/quote]

So you have to solder some pins inside the unit on the N1, its a pain but it worked.[/quote]

oh yeah you are right, i forgot about that. and i upgraded the software to, however, i bought a new car shortly after that that has navi already so i never really had to solve that issue since the n1 is just sitting in my closet now.[/quote]

You got to much money if you got a N1 in your closet! send it to me Ill still it in my other car.
I just did the Service Menu recalibrate, and it worked like a champ, was VERY easy.
just follow the instructions that "remix2112" put in the beginning of this post, more or less, execpt there in NO reason to pull the radio out, or remove the case or anything like that.
Once you are in the touch screen recalibrate menu, I just did the top 2 tests
1st test you trace around the screen.
2nd test you touch some places on the screen
I used my mobile phone stylus to make sure it was as exact as possible.
Then I backed out to main screen and turned unit off via key.
I certainitly would not feel good about paying 200$ for this service, pioneer should feel terrible, because it takes about 5 min to do and it really simple, like caibrating a joystick in windows or something.
It does reset unit to default setting, like when you battery gets unhooked, but I used to that, when i get my car worked on, my locations are all still saved though as always.
i stumbled accross this post on my search for a solution to this exact problem. and i went out at almost midnight to go try this out on my N1. it responded perfectly to everything related to the service menu, but on the first setup of the X and Y coordinates, I run my finger accross the screen following the white edges, and when i hit the back button i get a red message across the screen that says something like 'not permissible because of outside values.' im not 100% sure what it says or what it means, but i mustve tried it like 30 times to no avail. Im so frustrated with this thing i want to rip it out of my dash and toss it out the window. does anyone know what i might be doing wrong or something else i need to do?