AVIC411.com

Please Help with Touch Panel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recalibration instructions above worked for me...to an extent. One of the options after the two used to recalibrate the touch panel is to test the touch panel. It shows a small "+" symbol every time you touch the screen so you can verify the calibration. After recalibrating, the touch area worked great apart from the bottom half of the right most 1/2" of the screen (if that makes sense) where no touch would register at all. I tried recalibrating a few times using differnt methods (finger, nail, stylus...) but all with the same results. I have a feeling recalibration will work up until a point where there may actually be a physical/electrical problem with the unit (mine is ~2yrs old D1).

...figured that [i]may [/i]help someone out there
  • 1 month later...
Follow the instructions by REMIX2112 posted Nov 2006. I just did it today and it works. I learned that all you have to do is press (EQ) button and then (BAND) to go back in the menu on the N1. If you are off calibration alot, I found that all need to do is not trace the outer white line. Just place your pointer a cm from the side. I just used a pointer once at the bottom and once at the top. The values changed ok. **It took me 3 times to figure it out.**

Thanks Remix2112
Also followed instructions for D1, got into menu - thanks!

Calibration had varying degrees of success - I noticed if you do it several times, you get different results, especially on the right side. But it did improve, and I think with some more effort, I can get it close to working again (I have issues on the right side of the screen being way off).

Hopefully I can get it close enough to adjust my EQ settings again!

Derek
I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS

and not sure if I want to

I tried calibrating a couple of times on my D1 but there was no improvement with the right side of the screen.

When tracing the white line, perhaps use a stylus and using the edging of the screen for support, trace about 1/8 to 1/4 inside the white line.

I am thinking this may trick the unit into thinking that this is where the edge of the screen is and maybe fix some of the +/- issues.

Or maybe trace the white line properly on the top/bottom/left of the screen but trace it 1/4" inside on the right side of the screen and continue with calibration as normal.
  • 1 year later...
I know this is an old post but I found it while trying to troubleshoot the screen calibration. For whatever reason, I cant "back" out of any screen. I see that its supposed to be the "band" button but that doesnt work. Then I saw that someone say to press EQ then band but that doesnt work either. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!
[quote name="popokrew"]I know this is an old post but I found it while trying to troubleshoot the screen calibration. For whatever reason, I cant "back" out of any screen. I see that its supposed to be the "band" button but that doesnt work. Then I saw that someone say to press EQ then band but that doesnt work either. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks![/quote]

OK well I fixed my own issue and I wanted to post it so everyone knows what happened and what to do. I have a N1 HU with a N3 brain. After finding this post: [url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16364]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16364[/url] I plugged my N1 brain back in, did the recalibration and was able to use the "band" button to go back in the menu at the appropriate times. My calibration was off about 1/2 in on each side and it really bothered me. I dont think Pioneer recalibrated the screen when I sent it back for the flex cable recall. Anyways, I hoped this helps other people.
  • 7 months later...
i am not able to get into the main screen with the up up down down in on the joystick. can anyone help. i can get the reset with eject thing to make the screen retract and open again saying hit reset and i do then when i try the up up down down in thing i get nothing but the main menu pop up with inital settings screen. any help would be great. i need to start using this thing again and then maybe upgrade soon.
  • 6 months later...
I have recalibrated my d1 with the service menu, you need to stay about a 1/4 inch away from the side of the screen.. what i did was used a bic pen cap and notched it a 1/4 inch away and ran it down the sides of the screen and then back out to the service menu and continued along with the setup..Very easy to do.. I will post some pic of the menu's i used to do this
  • 3 years later...

I'm going to revive this thread... I've had my N1 since 2003 (maybe that's the problem right there) and the only problems i'm having is exactly what everyone else has been dealing with: The calibration is off especially on the left side of the screen and the +/- buttons aren't working.

I've tried recalibrating 50+ times in the service menu following what everyone on the internet has ever posted about it and I still have had no luck. This past weekend while tracing the white lines around the edge I got it to say in blue letters, "values okay" or something like that and I got all excited because it was like my 30th time trying it and then step 2 wouldn't work and I couldn't back out with the band button so I had to reset and now after 30 more tries it just says in red, "invalid by the outside of a permissible value".

I'm so frustrated. Nowadays I don't use it for Navigation because my android phone is much better, but I do have a backup camera and an ipod(audio) cable that would be nice to use but the settings in the menu for those items are on the left side of the screen and I can't access them!

I wish Pioneer would have designed the stupid thing to work by selecting items with the freaking JOYSTICK that it has and not just rely on touch. 

I am basically reviving this thread because i'm sure some people still are having this issue and it'd be nice if someone has some answers. It'd be nice if someone could go into their service menu and see what permissible X/Y values are so I can just trace the screen paying attention to the values to try to get them into permissible range. 

Anyways, hopefully something comes of this.