AVIC411.com

Does the LG Vx8550 (chocolate) work with the BTB200?

I ordered the BTB200 but now that i've done a little searching on this website, i wish i hadn't. I haven't heard any exact confirmations that the lgvx8550 does not work with this phone yet. does anyone with the newer lg chocolate get their phone to work with the btb200? all i care about is making a call, i dont care about storing contact information.

Yes your lg phone will work. What you will see tho is it will connect and disconnect the bluetooth connection all the time..............

I searchec this and found it is a problem the LG has been advised of.

I am calling them today to see what they are doing about it. This might also explain why my bluetooth earpiece also never works..!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got off the phone with theme today with a lovely female that told me she can't help me and they only recommend using LG bluetooth devices with their phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a crock of sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem I had today was the phone said the bluetooth device is off or out of range............ I was sitting in the freaking truck!!!!! :!:

I called back and another guy had me start my phone to pair with the stereo off and then take off the battery to the phone. Like a reset. This worked and was able to repair my phone with the stereo.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was able to get the LG VX8550 to work.

1. First i had the phone find the btb200, after that it started giving me the out of range pop up.

2. I ended up finding that the phone under its "Settings and tools" need to then hit "options" then select ON for Discovery mode.

3. Once you do that you can see that the btb200 finds the LG VX8550 and then you can register the phone on your D3.

MY QUESTION:

Does anyone know how you can set the LG to stay ON in discovery mode. from what i find, everytime you turn on the D3, you have to first do step 2 above EVERY TIME!!!

I plan on calling verizon tomorrow and seeing if they can help me.

-J