AVIC411.com

Dash mods for 99 silverado D3 install

I am going to be doing mine in a 2001 Silverado, so we are both in the same boat. I am going to completely remove the "cubby" that holds the radio and heater controls. It is held in by some screws and 2 rivets in the back. I plan on doing some dremel work and making it fit then chopping up the bezel and doing some work on it and repainting it so it looks orginal. I have done many mods to this truck so I figured this one won't be too hard. I am waiting on my steering wheel controls to come in so I can tear the column apart and wire it all in when everything is apart. I'll take pics and keep you posted if you are interested.

cool i put a japan model tv in my tahoe a double din and made that work good, but my girl didnt like it so i took it out, but i saved the bezel from it so im gonna use that on my silverado! i have a great mac tools recriprocating mini air saw with fine tooth blad it cuts it so smooth and perfect its amazing, looks stock!

also i mounted my sirius box right in the dash behind the back of the stero thier is so much room in thier i zip tied it to the back fits perfect ill try to get some pics, i think the d3 will fit perfect but im pretty sure i have to cut that metal brace on the top and trim a little of the hard plastic cage!! good luck let me know

I converted my 01 Tahoe to a double din. First you'll want to remove the plastic sub dash that holds the radio and A/C controls. Cut out the back of it out so you have just the two sides. Mount the A/C controls 9/16" lower and make some sheet metal L-brakets for your radio. Buy the 03-06 dash bezel, it will snap right in place and looks nicer than modifing your old one. I used a BKGMK422 kit to fill in the space around the radio and the dash. The most time consuming part was mounting the radio. To achieve the best fit, mount the radio and then snap the bezel on to check fit. Adjust the radio mounting until the fit is exact.

post-700-12872753965147_thumb.jpg

You will loose use of the ash tray. But I've been able to lift the power outlet door and sneak my cell charger in. Neither was a deal breaker for me. I'm getting ready to start building a custom console, so both of those will come out anyway. Plus, I wanted a carbon fiber dash kit to match my wheel, pass side grab handle, and pass side air vents.

• 1 month later...

thier is no need to move your heater controls this goes for all chevy pickups late 99-2003 and tahoes!! first follow this post then do the mods i did

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

mine came out so nice its perfect and i just bought another truck last night so i just switched everything over in under 2 hrs any questions email me bigtime1134@aol.com here are my pics guys

post-16620-12872754357635_thumb.jpg

i made the little bracket to bolt to and just used the 2 existing screws on each side of radio you will see them!! dont be scared its simple to get dash board off i can get it off in under 5 min now its really easy you just need to pull very hard straight towards you and low dont pull in an upward motion or you will daamage the mounts then you do need to trim your dash bezel which i had one previously trimed from another vehicle thats why it looks like shit but if you take your time and use trim ring supllied with d3 you can make it look perfect, i since cut a new one and it looks perfect!!! good luck guys its very easy and the 2 wires you need for nav are simple to one right in harness and othere on left door post sill very easy!!!!!

post-16620-12872754366965_thumb.jpg

post-16620-12872754369403_thumb.jpg

post-16620-12872754371401_thumb.jpg

here is my next project kicker solo baric l7's 10" with 1200.1 amp and sub control knob only thing that sucks is d3 puts out low pre out volts my old pioneer the deh-p8000r with the twin towers was like 5 volts for subs, this is like 1 or 2 i think oh well still slams

post-16620-12872754373743_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Anyone done this install recently? I like the more polished look of shotgun's dash, in the finished project taking nothing away from the job above in fact I like the behind the dash mods, but I think I could live without the ash tray... for a pro look. Anyway, I've had a tough time finding a used bezel from a local salvage yard, anyone found a decent price to order one used or new?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

For the most part, these items are going to be some of the best that you will be able to find even until the cycle repeats itself, especially at the lower end, when many items do not have spellpower on them that you find. If for whatever reason you happen to be like me and constantly getting all the lame junk that you don't need (my mage never once got a spellpower necklace at the 61-64 range ofWOW Goldleveling, only melee versions), then don't give up hope; there are still some really amazing items out there to look forward to gettingMetin2 Yang.

Helm: Whisperwind Headdress these drops from a rare spawn in RFK, so getting it may be tricky, but it is the best helm for many WOWAion Power Leveling leveling to come. In addition, it is actually leather, so there is little chance someone else will take it. Ruby Crown of Restoration is a crafted helm that is very good, but can be hard to come by on some servers. If you can find it for a decent price, then I would suggest picking it upRuneScape Gold. Bad Mojo Mask its cloth and drops from ZF, so you may have a few issues getting it, but it is a great helmBuy WOW Gold.