AVIC411.com

So, I am planning on investing my income tax rebate check toward security toward my D3. I have an 07 Ford Escape...nothing fancy...nothing that would draw attention to it from the outside at all.....and was wondering what everyone on here thought would be the best security system or options to keep people OUT of my car.... I am not sure I need all of the anti theft features offered by high priced, big named systems.....All I want is a great system to keep people OUT of my car and away from my D3.....and I would like decent remote start capabilities as well.........Any suggestions?

The only way to keep someone out of you car wuld be to replace the windows with steel, and remove all key cylinders from the car. An alarm is only going to draw attention to a car that's being broken into. So a good installer, and a couple of LOUD sirens are what you need.

The tint installer will know what the laws are, for sure. Problem is, 70% tint is basically nothing. I have 70% on my windshield and no one can tell it's there, even with the same car next to me without the tint.

I'd put a Viper alarm on it, and be ready to take a loss in the event of a theft.

I don't know many people that have had a car broken into that didn't stay in pretty bad neighborhoods, or parked their car somewhere they know they shouldn't have, like picking to $10 off site parking at the ball game instead of picking the $20 on site. Most important thing is lock your doors, which I'm sure you do anyways.

It's going to help hold the glass together yes. Depending on your window frame, it might hold the broken glass a little better where it is supposed to be and make them have to get dirty to get in. If they didn't bring a glove or something, they might turn away.

I can't say I have any experience with breaking into cars though, and no experience with broken windows with tint, so maybe someone else will chime in with more experience.

I'm just north of you in NY and we, too, have the BS 70% VLT law. I've got 50% on the doors of my SS and it's pretty light, as you can imagine. Only thing that helps is the black leather interior. I had been pulled over one too many times with the 35% on the front and 15% on the back, so I went with something still illegal, but less noticeable. If you want to keep passers-by from seeing in, you need 15% or darker, imo. That will really draw some attention from your local and state PD, from what I've heard about Pennsylvania.

However, more times than not, it's people who see the unit in use that pull this **** off. You're driving around and the thug/punk/whatever next to you sees it and happens to notice where you park/live/frequent. It'll be THAT guy who doesn't need to look in your car.

Here's 50% on the doors with a bright background:

IMG_5411.jpg

Here's 35% front, 15% rear doors with a relatively bright background:

a50e6fa9.jpg