AVIC411.com

Verizon Phones which works best with BT200

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the long forum on phones but that dates back to 2006. I would like to know which Verizon phones are working best with the D3 and BT200

I have the new Razr2 V9M (with Verizon) and it's terrible. It works fine once it connects, but it will not auto connect and I often have to completely remove the D3 connection from my phone and add it new to get a connection. It probably takes me an average of 8-10 minutes to get a connection that works.

My 2 cents if I had it to do again is that I would forget the $150 for the BT unit, buy a used 5G ipod for $100 and the $20 ipod cable and have some cash left over. Not to mention the 4Gb trans flash card I bought for my phone for the bluetooth music.

EDIT: Now that I posted that, both times I have driven today, the phone auto connected. Time will tell if that continues I guess

SpecialFX, Id appreciate you keeping us updated as to your progress with that phone and the bluetooth module. I have the D3 and the Razr 2 (V9m) from Verizon and have not yet purchased the bluetooth module. IF that works out well, I may think about getting it. thanks for the post...

SpecialFX, Id appreciate you keeping us updated as to your progress with that phone and the bluetooth module. I have the D3 and the Razr 2 (V9m) from Verizon and have not yet purchased the bluetooth module. IF that works out well, I may think about getting it. thanks for the post...

No problem. It's autoconnecting now pretty much every time. I got it registered on the D3 just fine, but I cannot transfer any contacts. As soon as I try it disconnects. I've been playing with the incoming security setting on the phone and it hasn't seemed to make much difference. It wants to only autoconnect as a headset and not the music profile (I forget what its called, A2DP maybe?)

I've been scanning ebay for a good deal on a 5G iPod if that tells you what kind of confidence I have in the connections issues working themselves out. The other options I am considering is getting an Altell flash on the phone to see if that helps. Verizon loves to cripple their software.

I'll keep this updated if it stays on the front page to remind me. Otherwise I probably will not remember. I'd love to see another Verizon V9M person chime in to see if my results are atypical or not.

I have the Blackberry pearl 8130 from VZW...I was able to pair them up fine...I had to make my phone discoverable and used the search button on my D3 to find the phone...I was unable to use my phone to find the D3 (weird)...but whatever...As far as sending my phonebook, I was able to send all of my contacts in one shot (not one, by one) to my D3. I ended up following some post on this site that had detailed instructions on how to do it with a VZW phone...

Its supposed to disconnect when you press transfer phone book. When the D3 disconnects, go to ONE entry in your phones phonebook (example: Pete.) When looking at petes entry on your phone, hit options on the phone. It will bring up a menu of options...scroll down until you see Send V Card, or Share address book entry, or Send Contact (or something similar to that because its different for each carrier and phone.) Select that and it will ask you to send via message or via bluetooth. Select bluetooth and select Pioneer BT Unit2 (if its not on the list of devices, just select search and it will find it.) Once it finds it, it will send that ONE address book entry. Repeat the process for the rest of your phonebook entries

No problem. It's autoconnecting now pretty much every time. I got it registered on the D3 just fine, but I cannot transfer any contacts. As soon as I try it disconnects. I've been playing with the incoming security setting on the phone and it hasn't seemed to make much difference. It wants to only autoconnect as a headset and not the music profile (I forget what its called, A2DP maybe?)

I've been scanning ebay for a good deal on a 5G iPod if that tells you what kind of confidence I have in the connections issues working themselves out. The other options I am considering is getting an Altell flash on the phone to see if that helps. Verizon loves to cripple their software.

I'll keep this updated if it stays on the front page to remind me. Otherwise I probably will not remember. I'd love to see another Verizon V9M person chime in to see if my results are atypical or not.

Its supposed to disconnect when you press transfer phone book. When the D3 disconnects, go to ONE entry in your phones phonebook (example: Pete.) When looking at petes entry on your phone, hit options on the phone. It will bring up a menu of options...scroll down until you see Send V Card, or Share address book entry, or Send Contact (or something similar to that because its different for each carrier and phone.) Select that and it will ask you to send via message or via bluetooth. Select bluetooth and select Pioneer BT Unit2 (if its not on the list of devices, just select search and it will find it.) Once it finds it, it will send that ONE address book entry. Repeat the process for the rest of your phonebook entries

After it disconnects, it never reconnects again. Once I select send vcard via bluetooth then choose the D3 on my BT device list the screen goes back to my contact list, but no transfer occurs. I am pretty sure I am doing it right.

Verizon blows. I had the BB 8703e but when I recieved call waiting the phone would keep ringing through the car speakers.

I dumped that phone and tried a few others (Razr, Samsung u740, LGVX700) and the Pearl. I have the Pearl and while this one auto connectes I now have the same call waiting problem.

I may just cut my losses and go back to ATT (which I hate).

I need a fully functioning Blue Tooth and I am not getting that right now.

UPDATE: My V9M is working fine for phone calls and my phonebook transferred all in one shot, but I cannot get it to work consistently with A2DP for music. I was trying the transfer the wrong way for contacts initially. Only issue I have for phone capability is that the pauses didn't work right because I have my voicemail set to pause and then auto dial my password.

If I can get A2DP to work right, it'd be awsome!