AVIC411.com

DOJ approved it, FCC has not...yet. Everything I read on yahoo says they will offer "a la carte" programming where you can pay a certain amount of $ for certain channels. That will mean they will get rid of channels with overlapping content to make room for you to buy certain sirius channels on your XM tuner, or certain XM programming on your sirius tuner

• 4 months later...
Anyone have any idea how this is going to affect in vehicle service, our screens have buttons for xm and sirius, do you think they wil make a new adapter that turns them both on?

That's the thousand dollar question right now... at least for me. I've read that Sirius' and XM's newer radios can accept both feeds, but I can't find anything about tuners car stereos. I would imagine they would release new tuners that can accept both feeds but you can only connect it to either the Sirius or XM input.

Also, they've been saying new radios will be out early 2009 but no mention of new car stereo tuners. I'm wondering if I should just wait and see how this plays out. Maybe that time Pioneer will have released a second (and maybe 3rd) update to fix more problems and a new Sirius tuner that actually displays multi-line information.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...