AVIC411.com

FNG (ie..Flippin new guy)

Greetings all :oops: I'm not good at speaking infront of large crowds but I thought I best get the introductions out of the way.

I just placed my order for the following to put in my 2003 Suburban...

Pioneer AVIC-Z2 - In-Dash Navigation

Pioneer ND-BT1 - Bluetooth Adapter for AVIC-Z1 or AVIC-Z2

Scoshe DCGM0S2B11B - GM OnStar Interface for Premium/Standard Bose Systems

American International GM-K422 - Double DIN Installation Kit for Select General Motors Vehicles

Pioneer ND-BC2 - Rear-View Camera for Pioneer Video Units

Pioneer GEX-P10XMT - XM NavTraffic Digital Satellite Tuner

Scosche MDA1B / MDA1 - Chevrolet / GM Radio Antenna Adaptor

PAC SWI-x - Universal Factory Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface

I've been reading several of the posts and thanks to this site and all (most anyway - :wink: ) I have no doubt that finding technical support if needed is not an issue.

Now the hard part....waiting

:cry:

Welcome, couple tips for you.

1. No usable illumination wire at the radio, mean you'll have to run a tap to the brown wire at the light siwtch so the avic dims at night.

2. Cut out the plastic backet at the back of the radio opening. Helps the radio fit better.

3. Bypass is very easy to do, and there's plenty of info on it here.

4. Enjoy your stay. :)

Finally received my order today.

Not sure about the impedance matching for the speakers with the GM interface – will I need to use the resistors or just wire the front and back speakers from the GM interface to the radio directly? Provided instructions are poor.

For the Illumination – can I use the Brown with strip (dimmer line) from behind the light control on the dash?

I’m confused on the radio mute, one post said it’s not needed, but for the DCGMoS2B11B GM interface, it wants me to “Cut Brown wire at pin 9 [of interface module] and connect it to mute input wire on radioâ€

What’s with all the extra wires on the Power Cord plug from the head unit?

As far as speed sensing, I read somewhere that for the 2003 suburban, tap into the green/white wire behind instrument cluster – true?

I know these are a lot of questions, and I have done an lot of looking on the forum, but unless I’m missing something, y’all are just too damn smart or I need another beer to figure this installation out.