AVIC411.com

IPOD Firmware and instructions 1.0.2 for Gen6

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the funny thing... when i do a complete restore of the ipod (keeping the firmware at 1.0.2 obviously) i can walk downstairs, plug it in, and watch ANY movie at any time! No need to scrol through and "find one that works". It seems that only when the car is turned off for more than a couple minutes... and you've switched OUT of video mode (meaning you are listening to music through the ipod), does it seem to have this issue where you must "find the video that works".

I've got the exact same issue w/ my 5th gen on my N4, but zero issues on my D3.

Im wondering if it has anything to do with certain content, im not sure exactly what is screwing it up, but when i only had one or two movies and no music....it worked fine everytime i tried.....and its only now, after loading the ipod with music and several dvds....that it doesnt work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i did the downgrade to the 1.0.2 on my ipod classic. i cant watch videos but i can hear them. if it helps its a avic-n4 and a cd-i200

Did you have the Video button enabled. When I plug in my iPod Classic it starts playing the podcast but I can only hear it. So I press the Video button and select the podcast to view and hear it. I am using the latest firmware though. I found if I connect my wife's iPhone first then my Classic will work from then on. If I connect my Nano then my Classic won't work again until I connect my wife's iPhone. Wierd!!!