AVIC411.com

IPOD Firmware and instructions 1.0.2 for Gen6

ftp://ftp.icstek.net

Both firmware and Signature file for 1.0.2 can be downloaded here. I know some people are having a hard time finding them.

Instructions for how to downgrade:

http://spr33.co.uk/wp/archives/downgrad ... re-102-101

**May have to put ipod in disk mode if the above instructsions dont work as is. do this between steps 8 and 9 if its fails on the first attempt.

replace directions respectivley going from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2 and NOT 1.0.2 to 1.0.1

***You will still have to disconnect/reconnect your ipod once your D3 is in Ipod video mode for video to display...very lame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somewhat long-term lurker; nothing to contribute so never registered.

Frimware 1.1.2 just became available for the classic --- one of you with a farked up classic who hasn't rolled back to that 1.0.2 version might want to give it a shot, in case it's been re-enabled.

It lists "bugfixes" and "audio quality" which I saw elsewhere.

Good luck, hope it works.

-DustPuppy

(Since I finally registered: Thanks for the p-brake mod thread :mrgreen: )

• 2 weeks later...

nope, 1.1.2 doesnt work

i bought my ipod classic (6th Gen) 160gb a week ago

it came with 1.1.1

tried it, doesnt work

updated to 1.1.2

tried it, still doesnt work

downgraded to 1.0.2

tried it, works!

so for right now im sticking with 1.0.2 until a new update comes out. then ill try it, and if it doesnt work ill just switch back to 1.0.2 since i have all the files for 1.0.2 saved on my computer

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...

So yesterday i went and bought a new Ipod Classic (80gig). I went through the process of downgrading teh firmware as stated above and it was VERY easy! I went downstairs, plugged it in, and WALA! Video works!

Later yesterday i am listening to music via the ipod. When i click over to watch video, it suddenly doesnt work!

I assumed MAYBE it was because i had added new videos to the Ipod, so i then restored the whole ipod again and went downstairs to try it out after the 2nd restore it worked perfectly... playing every video!

Well i go get breakfast, and again went to click over to video and it doesnt work! Am i missing something?!

Does it ONLY work after a restore and thats it?! Can i not add more videos to my ipod and watch them , or must i restore with every addition of new videos?

I saw that someone mentioned above 2 things...

1. Ipod must be disconnected/reconnected when in video mode.

2. "Scroll through videos to find one that works"...?

Am i correct in reading that i must go through manually each video trying to see which one plays....? (and once you get the one that plays, they will all play..?)

If so, the process goes like this...?

1. ipod plugged in

2. click on the video tab at top right of the avic d3 screen

3. use ipod to pull up my videos.

4. Select a video i want to play, and click play on the ipod

5. dicsonnect/reconnect the ipod (while avic d3 is still in video mode)

6. hope video plays

If that is correct, are you saying that i must do this with EACH video manually until one sort of "kicks in" and starts working...?

PLease let me know folks... I love the ipod, and i love my avic d3... but i bought BOTH expecting to play video!

NOTE....

I was just in my car for the past 20 minutes trying to figure this out. Here is what i came across... Let me know if anyone else has the same issues...

When i go to watch videos, i must manually go through and find the one that plays. When doing this, i noticed (after having gone through EVERY SINGLE MOVIE) that ONLY the music videos will play!

I assumed that once it started playing, i could then scroll back on my ipod to my movies and watch them, but they dont work! ONYL the music videos....

Here is the funny thing... when i do a complete restore of the ipod (keeping the firmware at 1.0.2 obviously) i can walk downstairs, plug it in, and watch ANY movie at any time! No need to scrol through and "find one that works". It seems that only when the car is turned off for more than a couple minutes... and you've switched OUT of video mode (meaning you are listening to music through the ipod), does it seem to have this issue where you must "find the video that works".

OBVIOUSLY the others videos WILL play... they always do after a restore. But they WONT play later on. ONLY the music videos will! This is absolutely obsurd!

Does anyone have any luck playing MOVIES from your ipod? (and i DONT mean directly after a restore.. b/c all my movies will play after a restore.. )

Everyday use of this should allow us to switch back and forth from music to video and NOT have to go through this. I assume i am not the only one, but would think that SOMEONE out there is getting full functionality out of their ipod/avic d3. Please reply to this, as i am nearing the point where i want to throw both my avic and ipod out the damn window on the highway! LOL