AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Bypass

I have a 2008 avh- p4000dvd player and I tried wiring the dei 528t pulse relay and it just turned the screen off. Sound stayed on the entire time but the screen would go black and then flash back onto the front seat warning. I wired it up as stated in this forum. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

OMG you guys are making this way too difficult. Buy some extra pulse timer bologne? No wai! The unit is looking for the parking brake to be on, then off, then on again. So you need a signal you can control. I believe the AVH-P4000DVD has a USB cable that you can use to play music from a player or flash drive. And doesn't that cable have a small electrical signal associated with it? Try taking that "parking brake" wire and sticking it into the USB extension cable. Guess what? The unit now sees a signal (it doesn't know or care what it is) and will allow the screen to play. No extra parts, no buying stuff, and no complications. I just left the parking brake wire stuffed into a compartment out of sight, and when I wanna watch the dvd for whatever reason, I just stick it into the USB cable. Simple as that.

Don't nuke it.

• 3 weeks later...

For the avhp4000 and the avhp5000 all you need to bypass the unit is a regular 5 pin relay. Use the amp turn on (blue/white stripe) to trigger the relay and output a ground onto the parking brake wire (pink). There is enough of a delay on the amp turn on to let this work. I have done it several times. Every now and then you have to turn the unit off and back on for it to work but its completely automatic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pioneer video lockout override bypass hack "HOW TO" instructions:

1) Connect one toggle switch wire to the green brake wire from your head unit instead of connecting it to the parking brake switch in your vehicle.

2) Connect the other toggle switch wire to vehicle ground (something metal) in your vehicle.

3) Start your vehicle, turn on radio, relax.

4) To bypass flip the toggle switch back and forth twice slowly.

5) This is a manual operation that you will have to do every time you start your vehicle.

i found this on ebay

5 pin relay works best, installed this few weeks ago, and no need to install the toggle switch or press anything extra to turn on the video..

just follow the diagram that guy posted and ur gold...really easy...went to thesource.ca/radioshack and bought the relay for 10 bucks

• 3 weeks later...

Will the relay method work with a 4 pin relay?

I found this on Amazon, and it only mentions 30, 85, 86, and 87, no 87A.

1. connect "30" to the parking brake wire from the headunit

2. connect both "86" and "87" to ground

3. connect "85" to the remote turn-on wire from the headunit

Thanks, and sorry if this is a noob question that's been covered before! :oops:

Will the relay method work with a 4 pin relay?

I found this on Amazon, and it only mentions 30, 85, 86, and 87, no 87A.

1. connect "30" to the parking brake wire from the headunit

2. connect both "86" and "87" to ground

3. connect "85" to the remote turn-on wire from the headunit

Thanks, and sorry if this is a noob question that's been covered before! :oops:

Did this last night in my Tahoe, it works like a charm, and only cost $5.

$4 for the relay, $1 for 4 spade connectors and 3 crimp on connectors. No pushing buttons everytime!

• 2 months later...