AVIC411.com

Making a Working Copy of The Navigation Disc

Well fellow forum members with the help of another member who but me on the right track I sussufully made working backup copies of my D3 Navigation disc, East and West, very simple with the correct program and a DVD Burner that burns dual layer DVD's and a few Dual Layer DVD's

I use the Verbatim brand, What I did was get a copy of the program DVD Decrypter, insert your orginal disc into the burner then open Decrypter up under Mode choose the to make a ISO file in the Read mode, then sat back and wait for it to do its thang. It takes around 30 min. besure and save the file to a folder on your Hard Drive. When thats done making the image, insert a Dual Layer Blank Disc into the burner and using the same Dvd Decrypter program under the Mode tab choose to make a ISO using the Write Mode. locate the files that you saved there will be 3 different ones, a CPJ1184_1_A.I00 , CPJ1184_1_A.I01, and the one you need CPJ1184_1_A.MDS this is the one you will use to make the disc with. Good luck. This will keep you from scratching your orginal disc.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they are charging $19.95 for the program now.I've used the program for 5 or more years and it was free or you could send a donation.The creator sole the rights about 2 years ago.It works very well on most DVD's.Its called, "DVD Decrypter", pick one up at your local P2P. :D

locate the files that you saved there will be 3 different ones, a CPJ1184_1_A.I00 , CPJ1184_1_A.I01, and the one you need CPJ1184_1_A.MDS this is the one you will use to make the disc with.

Ummm... If you rip the disk in ISO read mode, there will be only 1 file, an ISO (disk image) file.

I don't know about the Pioneer disk copying process but the Eclipse is straight forward.Use any copying software.Copy as a data dual layer dvd.It takes about 20 - 30 mins. Then put your blank in and hope for the best.Sometimes it works then other times you have problems.

Ive toasted 4 dvds so far trying to make a backup of my D3's disc. Im not looking to profit or anything, just looking to save the originals. Ive tried Nero, Roxio, and Alcohol 120, No Dice... I keep getting an error half way through the burn process. Any Clues?

Oh yeah, Tried DVD Decrypter also, no luck with that one either.

Something is either wrong with your system files used to burn files or a defect in your burner.

Ive tried on both my puter (Dell) and my bosses puter (HP) (and they both btw have DVD DL write drives) and both do the same thing. Gonna play some more, there may be something simple that im missing. Thanks for all the help.

Make sure there is nothing on your pc's running in the background that might be addressing the data bus at a certain interval. Check for apps running in the background. I would just hit ctrl, alt, delete and quiet everything until you finish what your trying to do.