AVIC411.com

Making a Working Copy of The Navigation Disc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well get this, just went to make sure that the West disc was working....nope, and I burned it in the exact same way as the East, go figure. It even said that the write process was sucessful, but when I load it into the HU it gives a read error.

Ill try a different type of disc, right now im using HP.... maybe that is the problem. East disc works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Set it to burn at 1x, but get this, The East disc went off without a hitch, and has spent the last week in my D3 happily diplaying XM logos, but the west disc went belly up twice. I ran out of disc and just havent gotten around to gettin some more. The ones I had were HP's, may try some Verbatims or anything else I can find at Wally World, when I make it that way, been busy at work lately.

What kind of burner do you have? My BenQ will take a disc and read it and show the quality of the disc. For me +R's are the best choice. You should be able to write at half the speed of what it's capable of writing at. Your quality is what suffers at full speeds. I use anydvd which will rip the copy protection off any dvd, data or movie. Then I go to nero and copy image, book write, iso and it works for me. If your using alcohol are you checking the "ignore errors" box?

Im using an HP computer with a Matisu (i think) burner. Writing with DVD Decrypter but I do have alcohol 120 on hand. Been busy lately with other stuff and havent had a chance to play with them lately, but ill get it figured out one way or the other... Im persistant like that :lol:

i downloaded dvd decrypter and despite what i read (skimmed) from this thread, it is still free to use

someone said iso format does not use mds file, which is true, but for some reason dvd decrypter creates extra file formats when creating iso files.

i burnt my working west copy with dvd decrypter @ 1x speed on a FujiFilm +R DL dvd which is really a rebranded Ritek disc. first try no problem. i have an LG sata burner. i'm not going to copy east disc because i won't be needing it anytime soon or ever and i don't want to waste dvds

i didn't even need to close anything and i had a lot of crap open... 3ds max, wmp11, photoshop, bittorrent, http server, squeeze center (mp3 server).

so FujiFilm / Ritek confirmed working.

I had good luck at first by using DVD Decryptor and my Pioneer DL burner and Verbatim disk, but just this week I tried it again by buring the West disk and it work fine, then after that tried the East disk and ruined 8 disk. not sure if the burner is the problem even tried different speeds and different brand disk with no luck. Any clues on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried several times to make a working copy of the EAST disk...haven't been successful yet! Used DVD decryptor, changed all the settings to the ones mentioned here...still doesn't work. Now, its saying that I don't have enough free space to copy the disc...after I cleaned up as much as I could on my computer.

Is anyone just selling burned copies? Or would they be interested in doing so? I don't see them on ebay...only the sealed ones.

I'd rather save myself the grief and frustration instead of the money!

• 3 weeks later...

from what i can remeber from mac, when you insert the nav dvd, you should have an option to "Save as Disk Image" from the file menu. Once you have selected this option you can choose where on your hard drive you would like to save the image to. From expierence i suggest you set the burner to 1x for reading and writing. It does take longer however...Using memorex disks i have never had a disk fail.