AVIC411.com

Making a Working Copy of The Navigation Disc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used the Cyberlink Power2Go burning software that came with my Gateway FX laptop and it worked on the first try. No decrypting needed, just used DVD to DVD copy. I used the lowest speed setting and a Sony DL DVD+R.

Iam using those same discs but i keep getting errors. even when i went to write mode. it said operations failed and my drive i know is able to burn the discs.

I take it back i tried again and it worked with no problems. :D

Thanx guys

i am using a macbook air with superdrive and memorex discs...i get about 60 percent of the way there and then they error. this is at 1x...

i am using toast 9.

can someone give me a idiots instructions?

I made my copy using Toast on my Mac. Make a disc image of the DVD ... then use the Toast Copy function and use the disc image you just created as the source. I used a DL DVD-R disc and it works fine in the D3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll go ahead and post my results in this thread. I used Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced v. 7.10.1 to burn my CNDV-80MT 2008 update discs successfully at 2.4X (that's the default slowest my burner will do). Equipment was a Dual Layer capable Dell CD/DVD +-RW drive (Dell P/N C3284-A00) in a Latitude D610 running Windows Xp SP3. I didn't want to mess with doing it on Vista so I did it on one of my laptops that had Xp. The computer I did it in was equipped with the 2.0 GHz Pentium M processor and 2 GB of RAM. The discs were Sony DVD+R DL. They ran me about $22 at Best Buy for a pack of 10. The first disc I burned was the East one and it ran fine. Took a total of 1.5 hours to burn it with data verification in Nero. When I did the West disc, it failed verification on a small number of tracks, but all was well when I stuck it in the unit (Avic D3). I'm running a second copy now to see if it passes verification.

I should state that I purchased the discs from Pioneer for my parents N4 I'm installing for them over the Thanksgiving holiday. I used the actual Pioneer East disc for my initial update of the unit to ensure that nothing went wrong. I then swapped out the disc with the copied East disc and it was fine. I'm sure it would've been fine using the copied discs for the initial, but after the posts I read in the torrent threads on here, I wasn't going to take any chances.

On a side note, the update itself only wiped out the custom background screen I had on the unit, the custom splash screen at start up I have stayed in tact.

• 1 month later...
locate the files that you saved there will be 3 different ones, a CPJ1184_1_A.I00 , CPJ1184_1_A.I01, and the one you need CPJ1184_1_A.MDS this is the one you will use to make the disc with.

Ummm... If you rip the disk in ISO read mode, there will be only 1 file, an ISO (disk image) file.

I believe dvd decrypter can create ISO's but by default it simply CLONES the entire dvd structure, inside a folder, while removing the encryption. So if you did this to a regionally encoded or copy protected dvd movie the resulting .vob files in the finished directory would be region/copy protection free.

I too, have been using dvd decrypter for years, in combination with dvd shrink to produce flawless backup copies of nearly all my media. Id recommend it totally if it works