AVIC411.com

Making a Working Copy of The Navigation Disc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am in the process of trying this now. I did find out from cdfreaks.com that some of the best dual layer media is verbatim 8x +r but make sure they are made in singapore. even though you may buy the same brand made somewhere else, the disc could suck. it could be just another company making them for verb. and relabeling them. i am trying imageburn now. i will post my results when i see if the east coast works.

• 4 weeks later...

I just down loaded the 2008 east disk off a site. It came as an ISO file. I took the ISO file and burned it onto a Verbatim 2.4x, 8.5GB, DVD+R, Dual Layer disk. The program I used to burn it was ImgBurn and I set the burn speed to 1x, which is the slowest option available to me. It took 40 minutes to burn it and another 30 minutes to verify it.

After it was 100% finished burning and verifying, I put it in my AVIC-D3 and it immediately started to update it. It took a minute and now it's all updated and everything works 100%.

I couldn't be any more happier right now! And it's thanks to this wonderful and helpful forum and the members in it!

Thanks everyone! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...